Paralenz is about to launch a new Camera, WOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had almost decided on the paralenz then I decided a red filter is the most important accessory for someone not diving with $1000 lights . I got a new HB7 instead last month.

Can't find any info on the new camera...did a few google searches which came up empty. If anyone has beta, please share.

Well it DOES look cool!
The guy at the booth said that they packed it with all kind of sensors and stuff that they don't fully use yet. All this because they want a camera that they can improve and keep up by software updates. here are some pics.
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
I'm sorry I know it's fairly poor but as I said I don't know anything about cameras and I don't really know what's relevant or not

edit: the phrasing was too bad to be left as it was

I might add that the back cap (that covers the screen that you see naked on the picture) is very easy to put on and off. He said that they expect to have accessories that plugs there like extra batteries

I might add that the back cap (that covers the screen that you see naked on the picture) is very easy to put on and off. He said that they expect to have accessories that plugs there like extra batteries

Anything about price?

4k60, as it should be. Well worth considering for this year's invasion!

I wonder why they're tracking water conductivity. Seems odd. Maybe a multi sensor package they installed had that capability so they said why not.

Sensor is Sony IMX577-AACK. It's a diagonal 7.857mm (Type 1/2.3) 12.3 Mega-Pixel CMOS active pixel type stacked image sensor with a square pixel array.

Processor is Ambarella (misspelled on paralenz site) h2s65. Quick specs are:
H2
The H2 SoC is engineered to deliver pristine video during fast action shots as well as smooth slow-motion playback, offering 10-bit High Dynamic Range (HDR) video processing, high-ISO DSLR-quality photography, and advanced 3D electronic image stabilization, significantly reducing the negative effects of movement during filming.

Key features
  • Quad-core ARM ® Cortex™ -A53 CPU up to 1 GHz
  • Fast-boot ThreadX / Linux dual OS
  • 4Kp90 video encoding (AVC)
  • 4Kp60 10-bit video encoding (HEVC-10)
  • High Dynamic Range multi-exposure capture up to 4Kp60
  • Simultaneous second stream
  • 3D Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with 6-axis correction (translational, pitch, yaw, and roll) and shutter correction up to 4Kp60
  • Dual processing pipe for Drone Optical Flow, 360° cameras, and other multi-sensor applications
So I bet they will eventually have an upgrade to record 4k90, and maybe an option to attach another sensor or connect two cameras for 360 since they mentioned both software updates and add-ons.

Both the sensor and SOC can handle 10 bit color depth at 4k60. That's pretty effing sweet. I wish the sensor was 4/3 or at least 1" instead of 1/2.3" but I guess you can't have it all.

It's worth noting that Gopro used the Ambarella line of SOC's for hero through hero5 black. Hero6 and up use a proprietary GP1 chip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom