Deep Exposure reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fact that the only negative comments here are coming from the competition says a lot.

You can read into it however you wish. We don’t do Tech dives so I wouldn’t consider them my competition. They have larger slow boats and simply employ a far different business model than mine. Their boats are next to mine so I get to see their daily operations. I’m confident they are of zero concern to me and I lose no sleep over them. The OP asked for experiences. Despite being their neighbor for more than 3 years I’ve had exactly one interaction with them, which I shared here.

I’d consider Christie and Blue XTSea to be my competition. Our business models are very similar. Simply reading this forum you will Christie and I are not exactly best friends. But If you read anything I say about her business you’ll clearly see I praise her operation. In fact someone asked about them and ScubaTony last week and here was my response - “ScibaTony and Blue XTSea are both legal shops and both are solid choices.”

i provide factual information. Do with it as you will.

On my first day of business, without introducing themselves, they dropped by my location in the harbor to inform me my business would fail and all my equipment would be stolen. They were smug, arrogant, and rude. After they left I had to ask my Captain who they were. Out of the 100+ dive operators in Cozumel, they are the only one that went out of their way to be unwelcoming to me. Take that for what its worth.
And now you own two spiffy boats.

The fact that the only negative comments here are coming from the competition says a lot.

So I'm going to make myself a liar. There was one other interaction I had with Deep Exposure. Well, sort of an interaction but not really, I suppose. Nearly a year ago Cameron (northern one) went on a shore dive with his mother and never returned. As a family friend I assisted in the search. During that process I arranged for Tech divers to search the deep reef of where Cameron was last seen. As I wasn't a Tech diving center I reached out directly to Deep Exposure for assistance acquiring TriMix fills for the upcoming dives. My request was read and completely ignored. I suppose everyone can decide for themselves, but I'd say ignoring a request for help to find a missing diver says a lot about a dive operation, too.

And to further demonstrate my point in regards to helping my competition, I'll note that today I have the dive instructor from my competitor ScubaTony in my private classroom and pool. ScubaTony put out a request for help this morning needing confined water space to teach an Open Water class so I volunteered our space at no cost. I'm helpful when its deserved.

And now you own two spiffy boats.

Yes indeed. Growing nicely in our 3 years of operation with some really exciting announcements upcoming in 2020 I can't wait to share :)

Back
Top Bottom