Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emma_90

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi,

I have dived before on a livaboard in Australia and loved it, but have no formal qualification in it, my partner has never dived. We shall be in Vietnam in August and at the end of our trip want to do our open water diving whilst there. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to go or reputable companies to go with?
From what I have been reading I liked the look of Con Doa (but have since read mixed reviews on its coral and fish stock quality due to pollution... I am not so sure what to take from this) or prehaps Nha Trang - Moray beach? Which is not liveaboard...

Any thoughts would be really helpful!

Emma :)

There's Rainbow Divers in Nha Trang. The diving is a bit average, but it's not terrible and if you're doing your OW course, you'll be busy with skills anyway.

There's Rainbow Divers in Nha Trang. The diving is a bit average, but it's not terrible and if you're doing your OW course, you'll be busy with skills anyway.
Thanks! Its that or try and squeeze in gonig to thailand or somewhere instead?... if the diving is as average as I've been reading? Obviosuly I was spoilt last time being on the outer barrier reef with turtles and sharks and amazing corals.

Thanks! Its that or try and squeeze in gonig to thailand or somewhere instead?... if the diving is as average as I've been reading? Obviosuly I was spoilt last time being on the outer barrier reef with turtles and sharks and amazing corals.
I only did.a couple of dives there.and it was a while ago. From memory, the viz was only about 10m. I did see some ghost pipefish thought.

My wife and I did out Scuba Try Dives in Con Dao and it was nice, saw turtles and variety of reef fish.

The island is nice for a few days with the tiger cages etc.,especially when staying at six senses.

Back
Top Bottom