Stupid Big Feet !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gus Burneau

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Earlier this year I bought a DUI Yukon Drysuit.

At 6'11" tall, I was forced to spend the extra money and have one made that was custom sized.
The suit fits great, however, there is a problem with my stupid big feet.

Because I wear size 15 shoes, and need to have room for a pair of socks and thermals on my feet, it was suggested that I get at least size 16 boots on my drysuit and nobody seems to make integrated boots or rock oots that size.

So, I ordered the suit with neoprene booties, and managed to find a pair of size 17 Converse Allstar online.

Although this works OK, it is not ideal. I find that the Neoprene booties are really too thick and bulky to go inside the Converse, and it is a real pain having to lace up the runners every time, aside from the fact I am now wearing a pair of runners with little tread on the bottom, not ideal for diving in the great lakes.

Any thoughts on solving this? Anyone have similar issues with stupid big feet?
I thought about getting some big ass boots with neoprene uppers and having them attached to my drysuit, but would this work. Maybe something like this with the inside pulled out to lighten the load?

Bogs Classic High Mens

Would they be too heavy? impossible to attach? not really waterproof?

Come on Scubaboard, help me find a solution.
There have got to be more divers like me out in the world with stupid big feet !!!!

I’d give Steve Gamble with D3 diving a call. He’s dealt with the issue before. You could also replace your Converse laces with a pair of elastic bungees. Yankz, SpeedLaces, etc would all do the trick. At one point, Steve had a slew of Neoprene Booties and would cut off the built in booties and replace with these. I’m not sure they made it up to a size 17 though. Best of luck.

I’m a little guy next to you, 6’5” but I do have size 15 feet. I have done neoprene booties over the neoprene socks and tried various shoes and boots, converse sucked because the soles are to thick and they would sometimes come off with the fin. This is what I’m using at the moment
14027195-41D5-49F8-B0FB-8587A42EA42C.jpeg

I use bungee for laces and this little slide lock thing

A3F2CE96-3304-4DB3-B749-14836D3CD14C.jpeg

12EA9D09-6590-44A1-851F-BC738CD06CD3.jpeg

The sole was crazy wide so I ground them down to fit my fins
3FABCB47-E2D2-4D47-9B8E-97B7107BDA3D.jpeg

When you don’t fit standard stuff you often have to modify. Next suit look at sea skin

At 6'-7", it seems I am blessed with a size 12 for my feet.....

That being said, the 38" inseam and 37" sleeve.....

I’m a little guy next to you, 6’5” but I do have size 15 feet. I have done neoprene booties over the neoprene socks and tried various shoes and boots, converse sucked because the soles are to thick and they would sometimes come off with the fin. This is what I’m using at the momentView attachment 562717
I use bungee for laces and this little slide lock thing

View attachment 562718

View attachment 562719
The sole was crazy wide so I ground them down to fit my fins
View attachment 562720
When you don’t fit standard stuff you often have to modify. Next suit look at sea skin

I know you're a big fan of the seaskin and it's gonna be my first dry suit when I save up the money for it. I have size 16 feet so I'm in a similar situation. It looks like the Hollis rock boots in size 14 and 15 have been discontinued. Did you just go with the neoprene socks for the seaskin? Looking through the options it shows 48/50 euro size is available in their tec boots which seems to be about 14.5/15.5 US.

Back
Top Bottom