What-cha-ma-call-its

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOAH WOAH WOAH SIR CALM DOWN OR I'D HAVE TO TASE YOU! SIR DO NOT REACH FOR MY FIREARM. SIR WE HAVE PLENTY OF COOKIES FOR EVERYONE
Thank god. Thought I was going to have to pull out my inner cookie monster!

In all seriousness. just tie some up. If you must buy, don't buy from Aliexpress. The ones I bought fell apart at fist pull.

In all seriousness. just tie some up. If you must buy, don't buy from Aliexpress. The ones I bought fell apart at fist pull.
Yes, i can understand that this issue can be resolved by just tying it up yourself. My only concern is that i am an idiot and im bound to cock something up :p. Bungees are far faster in my hands. Nevertheless, i'll give it a go.

I may have missed it, but where are you located?
Somewhere on an island covers a lot of territory

$3.60/each AUD is roughly $2.40/each USD....that is still pretty pricey.

Given the cost of the item plus shipping and wait time, for me it would warrant learning to tie the bolt snap.

OP, the standard way (not the only way) to tie a bolt snap is using a square knot. Left over right followed by right over left. Not a whole lot to cockup, and almost infinitely less expensive than the product you are looking for.

If you have bungee already you can just tie an overhand knot using the ends of a length of bungee and the knot will serve the purpose of keeping in place the loop part that wraps around the spg hose and bolt snap.

Only providing the above as alternatives to achieve your aim as I am not one to dictate how someone should spend their money.

Bolt snaps, especially stainless steel ones, tend to be spendy....for me, I would lash them using line instead of zipper pulls/bungee just to reduce the chance of the attachment coming undone and losing my bolt snap(s).

After tying the square not it is recommend to cut the ends and ignite them and then squish the burning/melting ends to the knot...this helps keep the knot from untying with use....I go one step further and put a couple of drops of cyanoacrylate (super glue) on the knot. I have yet to have a knot come undone....occasionally the cave line or 2mm braided nylon maisonary line wears and begins to cut through but I have always found the issue before/after a dive and have not yet suffered a casualty with the line attaching my bolt snaps while in the water.

-Z

I've used a ponytail tie before, not this exact way but lasted quite awhile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom