Get together in memory of Rich Courtney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyRobinson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Mods, please move if in the wrong place.

Most of you have probably heard about the passing of Rich Courtney. Whether he was a good friend of yours or you had just met him a few times, I am sure his jovial attitude left a lasting impression on you. We are all fortunate for having known him, and his absence will be a void in many lives.

We would like to have a get together in memory of Rich. Some details need to be worked out but here is what we have so far. I am sure there will be time for a dive in his memory and may a chance for a few toasts. As we know more, we will let you know.

Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020
TBD: Time

For those of you who knew Rich, you probably had met or heard about his daughter, Kaley. I talked to Cheryl earlier this week and she plans to bring Kaley. If you remember anything special about Rich whether training, social, diving, etc., send me the details. I would like to to use it for the get together and possibly put something together for Kaley.

If you are diving, plan to pay the normal dive fees but if not diving, Ginnie will work with us on a reduced or waived fee.

If you think you can make it, send me a pm or respond here.

Sandy: I can't make it since I am still banished from the US; however, I will be there in spirit. Rich was a delight to spend time with. I could never understand his love of Arsenal Football Club, but he made up for that flaw in so many other ways. Plenty of memories but a lasting one is a post-dive Heineken at Little River watching a group of "cave divers" readying themselves and their scooters before venturing into the deep. He had me laughing so hard, my sides hurt for a day afterwards. And, true to his prediction, we saw the "clowns" -- his word -- surface before we'd finished our drink.

Lovely man, and a loss to our community. RIP, mate.

Thanks Steve. Look forward to your banishment being over!

An update for the gathering with the time:

Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020
Time: Noon to 2PM
Food: a cookout with food provided by Chris Richardson. Non-alcoholic drinks will be provided but BYOB if you like.

I have had several responses from people who are attending. So that we have enough food and drinks and a headcount to Ginnie, please let me know if you will attend. Also, if you have any stories or memories of Rich, please forward them to me. Thanks again!

Hi all, just a reminder of the get together in memory of Rich this Saturday at the Devils Pavilion at Ginnie from noon to 2PM. If you are coming, let me know for food purposes.

Also, I have some stories and photos of Rich. If you have more, send them via pm or sandyrobinson57@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom