Trip Report: Ocean View Tulamben with the family.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great great shots, Tulamben is such an amazing place, so busy on the wreck and so tranquil on the other sites. Thanks for sharing.

Did you dive in PB at all ?

Great great shots, Tulamben is such an amazing place, so busy on the wreck and so tranquil on the other sites. Thanks for sharing.

Did you dive in PB at all ?

I was surprised I got any decent shots given how I was feeling!
We love the area too....I was amazed how many new nudi's we saw, it really is a treasure trove.

We have not dived PD ... yet. Mainly because the diving there is typically two morning dives out then back for lunch. Or it's a full day trip out to NP. And we dont like being away from the boys so long! But it is on the radar.

Thanks for your report. It's nice to get some feedback for resorts in Tulamben other than LDR (even though it is great!) :wink:
We're heading back to Bali in August but would like to see other parts of the island. This time we'll probably stay on Nusa Lembongan first, then head up to Amed for the snorkelling for the boys and some chilled diving, or do it the other way round.

Go check out OVT... you may just like it!
I would love to hear a direct comparison.

Enjoy Bali. Oh you may want to take the boys to the newish water park called Waterbom. It was a ton of fun. Some proper exciting water slides.

Glad you liked your stay at Ocean View.

I'm on the other side, I think the shoredive is fun in Tulamben. Doesn't need any preparation nor regimented schedule, you can go any time anywhere... and it's part of the charm as well, we the regulars look at how those noobs get along with the beach entry. (yeah yeah, it also happened I wasn't great to see stumbling down and eventually wrecked kneeling to the crashing waves... usually the entry going down the slope is easier than the exit going up.)

My wife just hate the stumbling!! She swore NEVER again! Ha ha.
I'm looking forward to your next set of incredible pics from Bali.

Fab! Thank you.

I've never seen either one of your first "monsters" embedded in your report above.

Where is Padang Padang?

It is near Uluwatu. This is the rustic Air BnB we stayed in.
49422093262_63e9c01326.jpg
Zen House by Angmo Al, on Flickr

And this was a sunset from the beach one night... most nights were like this!! If you go into flikr its a time lapse video!
49422094907_3a87b0f0a1.jpg
Padang Padang Sunset by Angmo Al, on Flickr

Attachments

• 49422094907_3a87b0f0a1.jpg
    49422094907_3a87b0f0a1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 74
First "monsters" ??? You talking about the Nudi's or my boys? :wink:

Lol, the nudis of course.

Lol, the nudis of course.
Ha ha ha but of course!! :wink: Although both answers would have been equally correct! ha ha
I honestly think we saw at least 10-15 different nudi's that I've never seen before! Many were TINY!! But many were absolutely stunning.

This guy was also new and absolutely minute!
49303226746_5a730b6603.jpg
_DSC8695 by Angmo Al, on Flickr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom