BCD on Alixpress - the Chinese answer to Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The correct way to share aliexpress links is:
1. replace "whatever.aliexpress.com" with "www.aliexpress.com";
2. remove tracking ******** after "?" sign, and the sign itself;
=> the resulting link becomes: www.aliexpress.com/item/4000075075613.html

I have a $150 BCD from "OSR Sports" store ( https://it.aliexpress.com/store/4915012 ) and quite happy with it.

I noticed most of these wings look very similar to the OMS Mono wing

China wing 1.jpg

bought one... (the 30lbs wing and the plate is from a chinese online store - the reset is from the usual US sellers)

i'll put up a more detailed review later if i can.

quick comments:
- build quality is pretty decent, i didn't see anything i can immediately fault (well, except maybe the "anti-roll bars" which i think is useless)
- speaking of the "anti-roll bars" - you can simply not install them (attached by velcro) and the tank doesn't roll anyway
- the bladder seems to be built tough with seams welded properly.
- fittings are standard sized - so they should be easy to replace
- it's wide... but I watched a friend dive it... and it didn't taco around the tank during the dive (maybe it was still new and stiff?)

bottom line:
- it's cheap and it works. for a competent diver whose intention is to use it on warm water dives (3mm suit), a balanced rig, open water (no overheads environment) you should be fine (as you should be even with a complete wing failure regardless of wing brand)

I see from the description it has a rubber colorectal tube, is this a new novel way of inflating it?

I see from the description it has a rubber colorectal tube, is this a new novel way of inflating it?

yes, having baked beans in the morning is recommended

Just some down to earth, chiknees factory buddies sharing design files and production information to come up with a "novel idea"... :trainwreck:

I handle imports from China on a daily basis (customs broker/freight forwarder). I’ll be damned if I deliberately order something directly from China like this, especially if I could get something American-made (Dive Rite is what I currently have for doubles), although some components probably come from overseas.

Youd be hard pressed to find a site with more shite than Aliexpress.

I’ll be damned if I deliberately order something directly from China like this, especially if I could get something American-made
There are other industrialized countries in the world. Unless you choose to shop American-made for patriotic reasons (which, from a personal POV, may me perfectly valid reasons), don't discount products from, say, the EU. They're probably just as good and are made with just as little (or just as much) worker exploitation as that which is "American-made"

Youd be hard pressed to find a site with more shite than Aliexpress.

There are other industrialized countries in the world. Unless you choose to shop American-made for patriotic reasons (which, from a personal POV, may me perfectly valid reasons), don't discount products from, say, the EU. They're probably just as good and are made with just as little (or just as much) worker exploitation as that which is "American-made"

Order of preference is US, Canada, then the EU. Mexico, China are far down the list. Taiwan and South Korea rate higher than China.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom