Scubapro G250 and Graphite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay. We are back from vacation, my Scubapro tool kit arrived and I just took the cover off the “mystery” 250 (or 250HP). Pictures attached. The case has the “pebble” finish. The adjustment knob is bigger/different than my “regular” 250. It says “DIVE” with some “directional indicators.” So, assumed it was an HP. But, opened up the case and it has a metal air barrel. Looks like the inside of a 250. But there is an extra plastic plastic piece near the adjustment knob end which appears to be related to the adjustment mechanism. One more piece of information/clue. This 2nd stage came from a set with what appears to me to be a MK15 DIN with a Yoke attached. Also, the SPG measures BAR. So, what do I have, folks?
G250HP

I don`t think a regular G250 air barrel will work on what`s in your pics. The adjustment knob is different.

I don`t think a regular G250 air barrel will work on what`s in your pics. The adjustment knob is different.

It will not.

Second thoughts... the cases are almost identical, I think you can transplant complete barrel assemblies into either case but not partial, you can't mix and match adj knob ends.

The G250HP is backwardly convertible (air barrel change required) to a standard G250; but not all G250ies (non-CE models are not) are convertible to the HP.

The G250HP is backwardly convertible (air barrel change required) to a standard G250; but not all G250ies (non-CE models are not) are convertible to the HP.

Okay....so with a metal air barrel in there, should I just service it and leave it the way it is?

Thanks!! Did you get a chance to look at the 1st stage pic? Is that an MK15 DIN?
MK20 DIN with yoke adapter.

Re the HP-yes, service it and keep it as it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom