BPW Recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps I'm confused but, a quick comparison between DGX and DTD for a comparable set up

DTD: 465 Euros, including VAT

DGX: $350 converts to $317 Euros. Add 19% VAT and you're at 376 Euros, including VAT

VAT never comes alone. But this set up (dgx) seems really affordable and might be worth it! The OP might find it interesting!

@Marie13 I think the dive rite are fairly expensive compared to the dtd

Ah, OK.

VAT never comes alone. But this set up (dgx) seems really affordable and might be worth it! The OP might find it interesting! .

I would never consider to buy outside of the EU. Already have my fair share of seeing the price almost doubling at the border...

I would never consider to buy outside of the EU. Already have my fair share of seeing the price almost doubling at the border...
I completely understand. Let us know what you decide.

I always check someone’s location before recommending something they’d have to order from overseas. Shipping and import taxes/VAT often don’t make it worthwhile (I handle imports for a living).

Are any of the 3 above inline with GUE guidelines (without any gimmicks or extra D-rings)?
Any specific reason to consider these over DTD?
With the greatest respect, according to your profile, you’re GUE-F so you’ve done the course

It’s pretty easy to look at your standards and look at the options. I’m not GUE but I could look at the standards and assemble a rig

As long as you have single piece webbing and only 3 d-rings then you should be fine

The brands I recommended are known respected brands with great support. I don’t know DTD

At the end, your money and your choice, but you need to be proactive over that choice. Gather information by all means but the choice is yours

If I were in Europe I would absolutely consider DTD since it will be much cheaper than an American brand like Halcyon.

I imported a DTD backplate from Gidive Store out of curiosity. It has extra slots to attach weight pockets directly to it for single tank diving, which was an interesting feature. Build quality is okay, not quite as shiny as Halcyon but no sharp edges or issues. For what it's worth I'm pretty sure Subgravity resells some of DTD's products in the US under their brand, at the very least they share the same OEM.

If I were in Europe I would absolutely consider DTD since it will be much cheaper than an American brand like Halcyon.

I imported a DTD backplate from Gidive Store out of curiosity. It has extra slots to attach weight pockets directly to it for single tank diving, which was an interesting feature. Build quality is okay, not quite as shiny as Halcyon but no sharp edges or issues. For what it's worth I'm pretty sure Subgravity resells some of DTD's products in the US under their brand, at the very least they share the same OEM.
If I’m not mistaken dtd is OEM. They produce for DIRZONE also I believe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom