Dive Cart for 3 Doubles Rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveSloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought this one:

GOR610 - Gorilla Carts

The problems with it are:
  • Fits 3 sets of double tanks, but nothing else.
  • A little flimsy.
  • Tips over with the tanks in it quite easily.
  • Tanks seem to want to fall out of it.
Would this one be way better?

GCG-2140 - Gorilla Carts

Or is there another cart I should be considering?

The goal is to take it to places like Buford / Jug Hole where there are dirt trails over rocks and roots and such.

I think you're going to be better off making multiple trips. Doubles are heavy in 3 sets is quite a bit of weight

What try dropping the PSI in the tires a little. Won’t be as easy to pull, but the tires will act more as a shock absorber making the equipment more stable.

the bigger cart would be more stable. How are you securing the rigs to the cart?

I've got one of those carts. It gets a bit unwieldy with just two sets of doubles (and other gear). I think it would be a total pita trying to move it around with 8 tanks inside.. Might be workable on flat concrete. Not going to work at ginnie for example.

These are expensive but should work.
Screenshot_20200123-151625.png

You could go to harbor freight and get:

10 Cubic Ft. Heavy Duty Trailer Cart

And pull it with:

600 lb. Heavy Duty Trailer Dolly

No idea how this would work but a few 20% off coupons and you'd spend less than on a gorilla cart. 600lb capacity with a larger bed, wider wheel base, and larger tires on the trailer would prevent it from tipping over.

Back
Top Bottom