Apeks mtx-rc...or aqualung leg3nd elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all...ive just joined up so please have patience with me.
Im trying to decide between 2 regulators..first and second stage. These are the apeks mtx-rc...and the new aqualung leg3nd elite. Both regs are cold water rated as that would be my intended use for them. Will be using them on both single and twin set too. Both look great and seem to make simalar claims on performace. Anyone have any expirience using either of these regulators ?

Attachments

• aqua-lung-leg3nd-first-stage-din.jpg
    aqua-lung-leg3nd-first-stage-din.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Leg3nd-Elite_2nd-Stage_02-Front-768x768.jpg
    Leg3nd-Elite_2nd-Stage_02-Front-768x768.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 92
Hi all...ive just joined up so please have patience with me.
Im trying to decide between 2 regulators..first and second stage. These are the apeks mtx-rc...and the new aqualung leg3nd elite. Both regs are cold water rated as that would be my intended use for them. Will be using them on both single and twin set too. Both look great and seem to make simalar claims on performace. Anyone have any expirience using either of these regulators ?

I have a number of the previous model legends - one set has done 800 dives, gets service infrequently and is fabulous. It looks roughly the same as the new MBS. I have them on my back gas and deco gasses

I've used a number of other regs, but for me the legend is excellent - if pricey

The Elite appears to have the same adjustment knobs as the Apex XTX 50 + range (I use those too)

Aqualung and Apex are the same (essentially)

I have my Legend in Din and love the ACD device, there were some rare issues with the ACD on the yoke variant - but yoke = meh

@JackD342 will probably be able to contribute more on the technical details

Aqualung and apeks essentially the same company but they are not the same design...they may perform similarly but they have different internals. For instance apeks uses a different high pressure poppet design than that used in the aqualung 1st stages.

I defer to others to evaluate if one is better than the other from a design tech standpoint.

I will however recommend that one look at the available exploded diagrams of the product range they are interested in...among aqualung's offerings slot of their regs use the same part inside and the largest difference is the exterior fit and finish driving the price up. Unless one has a need to satisfy their ego with the top of the line, one might find they can get the same performance for less money by buying a lower tier model.

-Z

just get the tried and true apeks xtx50/dst (or a cheaper derivation like the hog d3/deep 6 signature). if you need the added cold resistance of the mtx, the poseidon xstream should be considered.

Thankyou all for your constructive comments..there much appreciated

just get the tried and true apeks xtx50/dst (or a cheaper derivation like the hog d3/deep 6 signature). if you need the added cold resistance of the mtx, the poseidon xstream should be considered.

OP in UK So brand availability and pricing different

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom