BPW Recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd consider this company, they are super tough and durable. We ordered several of them for double and single tank use for our dive center training fleet and for clients. The manufacturer can do some customization with no or very little cost. Best that I have seen:

Finnsub - FLY 20D DIR

You have to go in the menu, then e-shop to access their line

I'd consider this company, they are tough and durable. We ordered several of them for double and single tank use. Best that I have seen:

Finnsub - FLY 20D DIR
Their website seems down

edit: my bad... it works

With the greatest respect, according to your profile, you’re GUE-F so you’ve done the course

It’s pretty easy to look at your standards and look at the options. I’m not GUE but I could look at the standards and assemble a rig

As long as you have single piece webbing and only 3 d-rings then you should be fine

Thank you for that input. I was looking for recommendations that meet all the criteria I mentioned, I had already identified optimal (Halcyon) and no so expensive but with plastic cam bands (Tecline). I was looking for recommendations that would meet all the criteria. For a "google it" feedback, there would not make sense to ask for help.

The brands I recommended are known respected brands with great support. I don’t know DTD

This is actually helpful.

At the end, your money and your choice, but you need to be proactive over that choice. Gather information by all means but the choice is yours

And we are back...

These were good options at first glance (I even considered tecline first) but do not meet the criteria I am looking for...

And we are back...

No by that I mean, I can give you options, but I wouldn't say you must buy this model or brand. I know what I buy (I have Dive rite and X deep wings, I have single webbing and comfort harnesses - depending on my rig - I have Apex regs, I used to have an Apex wing - so all of the above I'd recommend - but you're taking that recommendation from an stranger on the internet.

Hence gather the info, ask opinions, but its you're money and ultimately your choice, and your choice will be optimised to your needs not mine (and vis versa)

For the record, I live in the middle east with brutal temps and UV. It's a really harsh environment - although my main gear has metal cam bands, my deco stages are on plastic cam bands, and arguably get treated much more roughly.

Had no breakages in 9 years and almost 1000 dives, so unless its a GUE thing I wouldn't fret

Back
Top Bottom