Dry gloves with slaggo cuffs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the end I went for the Waterproof Ultima Soft which fit perfectly the Slaggo rings on my Scubapro Evertech suit.

View attachment 504568

Do you by chance have a link or part number to the dry glove kit you purchased? I have a waterproof EX-2 with Slaggo seals and I havent had a dry dive in a year with this suit due to the wrist seals. I'm pretty much at my wits end and want to throw drygloves in to try and stop the leaking.

What is an EX-2?

Si-tech now produces 3 dryglove systems compatible with the Slaggo cuff system:

Neva - a pull over system

Oberon - a bayonet locking system designed based on their tried and true glove-lock system's design.

Liana - a squeeze lock system based on their quick-glove system's design....note that this system was never very popular.

http://sitech.se/products/dry-gloves-solutio

For non- si tech, the only product I am currently aware of is the Ultima Soft DGS (Waterproof product #: 742 910 00)

Ultima Dry Glove System Soft - Waterproof Diving

-Z

The Blue drysuit in the picture.

Hmmm.....I don't see a picture. Will try a different browser/computer and see if I get different results.

-Z

Waterproof did not have the Ultima soft dry glove system at their booth when I talked with them. They did have 10-12 boxes of the regular Ultima DGS systems. I order a set of the ultima soft rings from TUSA, the US distributor when I got back.

I briefly installed and then removed the system from my slaggo. The way they attached did not seem sufficiently robust for me.

They seem to be however, the only off the shelf system curently available for the slaggo system.

I ended up removing the slaggo system completely and installed a modified sitech quick cuff and rolock system, which I am very happy with.

An issue that I was not prepared for, is that the slaggo clips damage the silicone seals. When silicone seals get a puncture in them, they are toast.

Did you install this on a Waterproof EX2? I am running into the same issue that maybe when I bought my EX2, there wasn’t Ultima soft DGS available.
How did you modify your regular Ultima DGS to fit on the EX2?

The whole Slaggo cuff system totally escapes me.

It is supposed to be more flexible than the systems that came before it but why would one need a more flexible system, especially when if one adds a dryglove system it makes the system rigid like the rest. Plus the clip system with the ring to retain the seal adds numerous little pieces that need to be kept track of and have replacements on hand in case they break or are lost. It just seems like a poor design choice that does nothing to improve on their QCS oval system.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom