BPW Recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prices seem to be similar to Halcyon

Where did you see these prices? My experience is that they were at least 100 Euros less expensive than other products from brand name manufactures (probably more than 100Euros for H).

They do look cool! I also seen them in the flesh at the different shows this year they seemed very well made!

Not cheap, but nice product

Where did you see these prices? My experience is that they were at least 100 Euros less expensive than other products from brand name manufactures (probably more than 100Euros for H).

The Fly 13D wing seems really interesting at 275 euros (just slightly more expensive than DTD and cheaper than Tecline).

Do you know if the Fly DIR Harness has 5 or 7 D-rings? The Finnsub site says 5 and this dealer 7 (can they be removed or relocated?:
Techduikshop.nl

Do you know if their backplate is compatible with halcyon sta weight or similar? Finnsub integrated weight options (4.5kg or 5.5kg) are a bit extreme for my needs...

The Fly 13D wing seems really interesting at 275 euros (just slightly more expensive than DTD and cheaper than Tecline).

Do you know if the Fly DIR Harness has 5 or 7 D-rings? The Finnsub site says 5 and this dealer 7 (can they be removed or relocated?:
Techduikshop.nl

Do you know if their backplate is compatible with halcyon sta weight or similar? Finnsub integrated weight options (4.5kg or 5.5kg) are a bit extreme for my needs...

You could check the ones I picked for my set :
weighting system DOWN-DROP SMALL | DTD

2kg each

Techduikshop.nl

Yes the halcyon STA and Finnsub BP are definitely compatible as that's what I have for my single setup. In fact, the components are all interchangeable.

My single rig =
Halcyon STA
Halcyon Wing
Finnsub BP (non dir)

My twin rig =
Finnsub 25d Wing
Halcyon BP

You could check the ones I picked for my set :
weighting system DOWN-DROP SMALL | DTD

2kg each

Thank you for the idea but I am looking for non-ditchable weight to attach to the backplate, worst-case-scenario to cambands, as I am not a fan of more than 4kg on the belt.
No pockets on the harness is one of the reasons I consider BPW better than a BCD.

The 11" hole spacing is standard for wings and STAs, so the Halcyon STA should work.

That is good to hear. Are there any any similar solutions to Halcyon weighted-STA for a lower price?

Yes the halcyon STA and Finnsub BP are definitely compatible as that's what I have for my single setup. In fact, the components are all interchangeable.

My single rig =
Halcyon STA
Halcyon Wing
Finnsub BP (non dir)

My twin rig =
Finnsub 25d Wing
Halcyon BP

What is your opinion on the Finnsub BP and Wing? Do you have also their harness?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom