BPW Recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Understand your comments on the H-tax but one nice thing about their webbing is the use of the Hs to help:
1. ensure shoulder straps are equal (assuming your shoulders are) and
2. when replacing the webbing, you can ensure all Drings are replaced in the same location and the shoulders are the same length as the old harness.

Good luck!

Well, I missed your fully black part:). They may have a black with gray Hs.

What is your opinion on the Finnsub BP and Wing? Do you have also their harness?
Good quality stuff. Yes I do have the harness, but not the one piece as it has adjustable shoulder straps. Reason I have this on my single is I usually only use it when teaching rec and it's easier to don / doff.

As a personal preference I use the Halcyon BP and harness for my twins as the webbing is stiffer.

Thank you for the idea but I am looking for non-ditchable weight to attach to the backplate, worst-case-scenario to cambands, as I am not a fan of more than 4kg on the belt.
No pockets on the harness is one of the reasons I consider BPW better than a BCD.
I understand!(even if those would not allow more than 4kg anyway)

The trim weight I ordered will probably be compatible only with a dtd backplate as they require specific slots. And the dtd cam band trim pouches don’t look overly exciting.
(They do have nice camband ditchable weight pouches but they are expensive)

Good quality stuff. Yes I do have the harness, but not the one piece as it has adjustable shoulder straps. Reason I have this on my single is I usually only use it when teaching rec and it's easier to don / doff.

As a personal preference I use the Halcyon BP and harness for my twins as the webbing is stiffer.
Both are standard 11" spacing.

Understand your comments on the H-tax but one nice thing about their webbing is the use of the Hs to help:
1. ensure shoulder straps are equal (assuming your shoulders are) and
2. when replacing the webbing, you can ensure all Drings are replaced in the same location and the shoulders are the same length as the old harness.

Good luck!

Well, I missed your fully black part:). They may have a black with gray Hs.

Finnsub BP and Harness is sold for 160€.
Halcyon for 410€.

How much stiffer is the webbing? :D

Finnsub BP and Harness is sold for 160€.
Halcyon for 410€.

How much stiffer is the webbing? :D
Quite a lot stiffer, not that it matters. Both are far stronger than required for the application. Difficult to justify a €250 price difference that's for sure.

I don’t see many reasons to go halcyon over finnsub

Im leaning towards Finnsub except cambands. Probably would buy steel ones from tecline separately.

Does anyone know any eurooean retailer that sells a Finnsub package with:

- Fly 13D wing
- Dir harness
- Steel backplate
- Cambands (i dont think they make metal ones but if they do)

Quite a lot stiffer, not that it matters. Both are far stronger than required for the application. Difficult to justify a €250 price difference that's for sure.

Two additional questions on your Finnsub Wing:
- In their website they mention 3 exhaust valves: does your wing have 3 valves or just 1?
- How long is the corrugated hose without streatching it: 40 cm or 50 cm?

@BurhanMuntasser feel free to clarify these if you know :D Thanks

Two additional questions on your Finnsub Wing:
- In their website they mention 3 exhaust valves: does your wing have 3 valves or just 1?
- How long is the corrugated hose without streatching it: 40 cm or 50 cm?

@BurhanMuntasser feel free to clarify these if you know :D Thanks

Only one (butt) dump, apart from the corrugated hose of course.

Length of hose from bladder elbow to tip of inflator is 50cm. Bear in mind that my wing is a 25d though.

Back
Top Bottom