Rebreather as bailout for sat divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im not so sure about that......... I just thought you were pissed being called a snowflake
I consider it a badge of honour mate :D

Seriously though, senility must be a terrible thing. You don’t even seem to be able to remember the thread is about cobra, and keep waving some incoherent shite about SLS around instead, like some old piss-stained asylum lunatic urging the other inmates to smell his finger. If that’s what these forums do to you I think I’ll go back to lurking.

Or is it just old age catching up with you? Maybe I need to use shorter words? 2 syllables OK? Sorry old timer, have I lost you already? Yes that’s right, we were talking about rebreathers, remember? What’s that? You’ve soiled yourself again? Don’t worry, I’ll call the nurse.

Is that really the highest level of discourse you can stretch to these days Iain? A slagging match? Tossing tired, clichéd, dim-witted, unimaginative pejoratives about “snowflakes” around, like the reflexive verbal twitch of some old drunk who’s been shaken awake when the ambulance he’s in hits a pot-hole? Your default no-brain defensive position whenever someone posts anything not involving compressors or who doesn’t appreciate your ‘jokes’?

Obviously you’ve got nothing of any substance to contribute to this thread but I would have thought an old never-was like you would have better things to do in his twilight years than troll a wee snowflake like me.

Still, if it keeps you off the grass…

Can y'all figure out whose member is bigger by posting actual facts relevant to the conversation instead of just poorly alluded to fonts of secret back room knowledge, that way we know who's actually got the longest dong and we can move on already?

Can y'all figure out whose member is bigger by posting actual facts relevant to the conversation instead of just poorly alluded to fonts of secret back room knowledge, that way we know who's actually got the longest dong and we can move on already?
I feel your pain, and I apologise if this thread now reads like a biggest member competition. My last post was definitely a bit strong.

Problem is, when I’ve done what you suggest and presented genuine, verifiable information in a matter of fact way, to try to counter the misconceptions, half-remembered (and mostly irrelevant) ‘facts’, and the historical bias being posted by guys who have been involved with diving since before I was born, I’m a “snowflake”. On the other hand when I resort to playing the name-calling game then the good folks like yourself get (rightly) pissed-off.

What’s a guy to do??

I’d be willing to concede that I have a short dong if it helps the thread get back on topic?

Lastly, the incident you mention in support of there being no point having lots of gas involved diving from a vessel called Bibby Topaz. PB

Here you go sunshine something you wont find on your google searching or company fliers

The Bibby Topaz doing her famous shallow water lock out
and your correct no point in having lots of gas involved
In case of a diver bail out............Stand up.

Attachments

• Bibby_Topaz_aground.pdf
    216.7 KB · Views: 165
Here you go sunshine something you wont find on your google searching or company fliers
My, what a big dong you have :surrender:
I'm still not sure this adds anything to the thread though?

However, moving on, and in what might be my last attempt to bring something useful to this thread if the playground stuff continues, here's something you can find on the internet when you take the time to look:
JFD | JFD acquires Ansti Test Systems
"use OSELs hyperbaric breathing simulator for their testing.
Kinda says all that's needed to know about how good the OSEL breathing machine was if they've had to go buy a company that is universally acknowledged as the gold standard in breathing machines and WOB testing.

Btw Iain, I found it in about 10 seconds (type "Bibby Topaz" into google, hit enter, then click the images tab):
Diving support vessel grounds off Lerwick
My rates are quite reasonable if you need any more help with internet use :wink:

Btw Iain, I found it in about 10 seconds
My rates are quite reasonable if you need any more help with internet use :wink:

I'm still not sure this adds anything to the thread though?

It was your second post reminded us all of the Topaz. So just as happy to discuss the bell bail out or the various compressors you seem interested in on board on the reclaim.

It was also you who posted on the SLS

Now if you like I guess you could try google again find the photo enclosed below in its prototype form and then we can discuss all the technical details on the secondary life support builds

Start at the beginning. The first prototype of the Secondary Life Supporty SLS Bail out set

Attachments

• HSM File0106mk19.jpg
    HSM File0106mk19.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 108
Start at the beginning. The finished Mark 1 Secondary Life support unit in the test tank for Gas Services. Royal Navy Testing.

Photo taken before digital cameras Google or Divex even exisisted.
Maybe we should give you a tad longer than 10 seconds to find it on your Google shall we. LOL

Attachments

• sls0023.jpg
    sls0023.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 99
In my opinion, there is a difference between good natured ribbing, sparring and a full on pissing match. Posts which involve good natured ribbing and sparring are fine because they often contain useful information. Pissing matches are less productive because they are harder to sift through for useful information. A good way to screw things up in a forum is to mistake sparring or a good natured ribbing for a pissing match...

In my opinion, there is a difference between good natured ribbing, sparring and a full on pissing match. Posts which involve good natured ribbing and sparring are fine because they often contain useful information. Pissing matches are less productive because they are harder to sift through for useful information. A good way to screw things up in a forum is to mistake sparring or a good natured ribbing for a pissing match...

I dont think post 41 was anyway close to what you describe but no matter if Pandora flounces back we can continue with his questions.
But one thing you should all understand is that current information is covered with no disclosure agreements
So the best your going to get in detail is of stuff built over 20 years ago or so old that it now out of the NDA
Of the companies mentioned in previous post I am still under three NDA agreements of which two previous posters can verify either the work or the NDA. So do we continue with rebreathers for Sat divers or give Pandora a little longer to google his hopes up, ROFL :rolleyes:

I dont think post 41 was anyway close to what you describe but no matter if Pandora flounces back we can continue with his questions.
But one thing you should all understand is that current information is covered with no disclosure agreements
So the best your going to get in detail is of stuff built over 20 years ago or so old that it now out of the NDA
Of the companies mentioned in previous post I am still under three NDA agreements of which two previous posters can verify either the work or the NDA. So do we continue with rebreathers for Sat divers or give Pandora a little longer to google his hopes up, ROFL :rolleyes:

Very interesting about your NDAs, makes sense, not surprised..:)

And for the record, I’m not worried about your ability to take the heat. Anyone who has an avatar of a dog wearing a Soviet army hat must have an advanced sense of humor...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom