How do I seal of a bladder on a Hollis SMS100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UTscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I have a dual bladder Hollis SMS100 sidemount BCD which I picked up in a store sale.

It's a great BCD but having the second bladder is overkill for most of the diving I'm doing at present. I want to rig it with the inflator on the hip, not on the shoulder, but the second inflator hose gets in the way.

Where can I get a cap to (temporarily) seal off the the bladder if I remove one of the hoses, I've been to a couple of my local shops without any success and I can't even find the correct word to describe what I'm looking for on google.

Thanks in advance if anyone's got any advice.

Swap both hoses to the hip positions and just seccure the redundant one to the underside of the wing?

If you are talking about replacing the elbow with a plug, 2mm craft foam is airtight. Just use the ring from the elbow to hold the foam disc in place. Or pm me some pics with measurements and I can make a plug with foam seal to be held by the elbow ring.

Swap both hoses to the hip positions and just seccure the redundant one to the underside of the wing?

that'd also work, but I'm looking to streamline and minimize snag hazards, thanks though

If you are talking about replacing the elbow with a plug, 2mm craft foam is airtight. Just use the ring from the elbow to hold the foam disc in place. Or pm me some pics with measurements and I can make a plug with foam seal to be held by the elbow ring.

genius!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom