First liveaboard advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a liveaboard in March and two in the summer. I understand not wanting to try to don a wet wetsuit - but still think more than one wetsuit just takes up a lot of unnecessary space. What about a few skins or rash guard tops/bottoms with lycra socks instead? Btw, a gal in Key Largo (was in Kona) makes these cool leggings with feet in them called Sea Britches (I think she has a Facebook page for them). They're for both men and women. Hubby has a pair and I do too - makes the wetsuits go on nice and slidey!

Whatever you take, have a fabulous and safe time. :)

Are reef hooks allowed?

it’s more ‘swell’ than ‘current’ I find my reef hook isn’t very useful if I’m being swept backwards and forwards.....then side to side.....then up and down...

Suffice it to say.. you are going to end up in the blue a lot. Last time I was there, one dive, 16 divers were dropped negative entry at roca partida, only 4 actually made it to the divesite..the rest couldn’t fight the current to get to the wall and all ended up in the blue and surfacing 6-10 mins after entry...

current had changed 10 mins after the precheck.. it can be freaky at first, getting swept away into the blue and having to surface in a controlled manner with safety stop, but once you realize that the zodiacs are on the ball and you aren’t going to end up in New Zealand, you will get used to it :)

you won’t care. It’s a ‘princess and the pea’ issue. It’s never bothered me.

I'm that weirdo princess with the pea - I just turn them inside out and it's no longer a problem!!

I'm that weirdo princess with the pea - I just turn them inside out and it's no longer a problem!!
Same here. I returned them and just use athletic socks.

With as many complaints I have seen about the seams in Lycra socks, one would think that someone would have offered an alternative at this point. I ordered them and will see if it "seams"" to bother me.

Same here. I returned them and just use athletic socks.
Socks don't even have to be "athletic". Get any cheap dressy 100% nylon or nylon + lycra/spandex socks at your local WalMart, these are like $0.99/pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom