Dive Charter Recommendations in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I just got back from Key Largo. I would avoid Lady Cyana Divers, they were my first experience with a cattle boat. The crew were unfreindly and we were hurried. The fumes from the motor caused some to be sick.
The next day we dove with Amy Slates boat. It was a cattle boat too but much nicer. The crew were freindly and helpfull and the boat handled the 6 foot waves well.
We used Conch Republic divers last year and really liked them. They were our first choice this year but they called us 2 days before we flew a informed they had overbooked. I'd still recommend them though, they're a short drive south to Tavernier.

My wife and I are going to the Keys in July. We plan on visiting the Islamorada area. I seel lots of good recommendations on diving. What about lodging? I'm not made of gold but would like clean rooms. Any recommends?

I dive with Upper Keys Dive Center in Tavernier. Great boat, like both of the captains. They have the Tropic Vista motel on site (you step out of your room, across the dock, and onto the boat). They have a newton 44 that is fast, clean, and nice to dive off of (even if it is a cattle boat). The rooms are nothing special, but they have kitchens and are clean.

lady cyana sold out a year ago. i suggest using divers city in tavernier or island ventures in key largo. both operations have a good reputation amongst the locals. although islamorada has more going on at night, bars etc, the diving is far superior from key largo south to tavernier. good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Island Ventures is a great operator. They're in MM 104, towards the north end of Key Largo. www.islandventure.com. The Holiday Inn, the Marriott, and a couple of other lesser expensive motels are nearby. Try to avoid Amy Slate, or Capt. Slate's boats.

Rick

I've actually had a couple of good experiences with Capt. Slates, including my Advanced O/W training, but it's always been offseason, so the boats haven't been too crowded.

Ocean Quest, located at the Smuggler's Marina across Snake Creek from the now-defunct Lady Cyana, is an excellent choice. Smaller groups, flexibility and friendliness are the rule.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom