Safety precautions on shore ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am moving there from New Orleans, LA. I feel safer in Bonaire. If you or any of your dive buddies have any questions I can answer them, helped tremendously from the residents that have been there for years.

They probably saw the safe and figured it was worth going home and getting a crowbar
Naw, they carry a crowbar to gain entry into trunks of cars where people but there camera, wallet and cell phone while snorkeling.

Naw, they carry a crowbar to gain entry into trunks of cars where people but there camera, wallet and cell phone while snorkeling.

Most dive sites aren’t suitable for snorkeling, so I would think the thieves carrying crowbars would not bother prowling most dive sites. It has been rare that I have seen a car (as in, a vehicle with a trunk) at a dive site—only at the beaches. Bachelor’s beach, Windsock, etc., maybe a few others in town, and in town someone carrying a crowbar would be pretty conspicuous. At most sites, I see only trucks.

I figured they pull up in a vehicle vs walking. Some of those site are far from anywhere.

I still have hope one day they would setup a honey trap and get these people. Rent a truck, put some stuff in, setup a camera, put truck at andrea.

The last time I witnessed the results of a smash-and-grab at Andrea II, we saw a bit of a trail of personal junk leading to the wall next to the parking area, and looking over the wall we could see the emptied backpack with some more junk spilled out on the other side. Thieves were clearly on foot there.

Oh, btw we use A&B with no deductible. It give you free 2nd driver and is worth the peace of mind. All others have a $550 deductible so you are on the hook for windows, tires, batteries...

Oh, btw we use A&B with no deductible. It give you free 2nd driver and is worth the peace of mind. All others have a $550 deductible so you are on the hook for windows, tires, batteries...

Indeed, we did the same with AB.
Unfortunately/fortunately, my wife no longer dives, so instead of a dive buddy, I have a dedicated security guard!

Back
Top Bottom