Los Cabos best restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrBigfins

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will have a couple days to burn before a liveaboard from San Jose Del Cabo. Looking for must visit eateries in the Los Cabos area. Any suggestions?

If you’re staying in San Jose del Cabo, you probably want to focus on restaurants there. Cabo San Lucas is a half hour away and $30-40 Uber ride. Might be better to post this question on Trip Advisor forum.

We have a house in Cabo.... DO NOT use anyone claiming to be Uber or has a Uber sign on their car. There is a very nasty war going on with the taxis and anyone even thinking about Uber. Take a taxi or shuttle. Taxis aren't too bad and make a day of it.
Some of my favorite restaurants; we try to get t all the main one, is Mariscos Las Tres Islas (Seafood-good value). Mariscos Mazatlan (Seafood, good value, nice size portions-local hang-out with a few tourist). Campestre...really good value, Mexican food traditional....kinda in the questionable part of town, look like you belong..you will be fine. And my absolute favorite of all time, family owned, uncle serves the food, sister is bar tender, aunts in the kitchen....a little more fancier MARIA JIMENEZ!!! A little more pricier, in good hood and near the first 3 restaurants I listed. Asi Asado is a chain and serves pretty good street tacos.
In San Jose; Sardinas Cantina....awesome seafood chili rellenos!

What live aboard will you be on as I have more than a few handful of friends that work on the livaboards.
Hope this helps,
Scott

We have a house in Cabo.... DO NOT use anyone claiming to be Uber or has a Uber sign on their car. There is a very nasty war going on with the taxis and anyone even thinking about Uber. Take a taxi or shuttle. Taxis aren't too bad and make a day of it.
Some of my favorite restaurants; we try to get t all the main one, is Mariscos Las Tres Islas (Seafood-good value). Mariscos Mazatlan (Seafood, good value, nice size portions-local hang-out with a few tourist). Campestre...really good value, Mexican food traditional....kinda in the questionable part of town, look like you belong..you will be fine. And my absolute favorite of all time, family owned, uncle serves the food, sister is bar tender, aunts in the kitchen....a little more fancier MARIA JIMENEZ!!! A little more pricier, in good hood and near the first 3 restaurants I listed. Asi Asado is a chain and serves pretty good street tacos.
In San Jose; Sardinas Cantina....awesome seafood chili rellenos!

What live aboard will you be on as I have more than a few handful of friends that work on the livaboards.
Hope this helps,
Scott
Thank you for the heads up on taxi vs Uber. Love the sound of Maria Jimenez, will definitely give it a visit. Campestre sounds like a must visit too. The rest will depend on time and locations that my travels bring me to.

On the Aggressor from March 25- April 3. Can't wait, it's a bucket list trip for me. Any other suggestions of must see places in Los Cabos area?

I used to live there. Love guacamayas in San Jose...inexpensive tacos and locals favorite. Cheap but great. If you want a super special night out try Acre or Flora Farms. Pricey but very special

If you are going into Cabo, Mi Casa is delicious, especially their beef short ribs.

Thank you for the heads up on taxi vs Uber. Love the sound of Maria Jimenez, will definitely give it a visit. Campestre sounds like a must visit too. The rest will depend on time and locations that my travels bring me to.

On the Aggressor from March 25- April 3. Can't wait, it's a bucket list trip for me. Any other suggestions of must see places in Los Cabos area?

I used Uber with no issues at all. I don’t know how you could get into the wrong car if you check the license plate on the app before you get in.

I used Uber with no issues at all. I don’t know how you could get into the wrong car if you check the license plate on the app before you get in.
Consider yourself lucky! If ya wanna ride in a car and wonder if at anytime a motorcycle or other vehicle pulls up and start shooting into the car.........go for it! Take a Uber.....it will be great fun they said! Its not the Uber driver to fear.....its whether the Uber your riding in will be targeted by the taxi cartel.
Please...just because others have Ubered once or twice and escaped un-harmed doesn't mean you should go and put yourself in danger with the current war going on between the Mexican/Cartel mafia taxis and Uber. No....of course you wont hear about it in the press and media because they don't want to effect tourist dollars. Lets not get into the corruption conversation that goes on around here.

You should have a blast on the Aggresor...my buddy Jerson and Andreas will both probably be on board with you. Let them know you are friends with "Bombero Loco" ha ha These guys are a lot of fun.

If ya get a chance.....make a run over to Cabo Pulmo. From San Jose its about 1:15 and awesome.

I used to live there. Love guacamayas in San Jose...inexpensive tacos and locals favorite. Cheap but great. If you want a super special night out try Acre or Flora Farms. Pricey but very special
Yes! VERY GOOD farm to table....and probably the only one here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom