Failed + Rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Canada, if you test a tank to it's plus rating and the tank fails; it counts as a failed (ie. condemed) tank. No retest to the lower pressure. No subsequent retest to plus pressure.

well i just bought an e7-100, so i passed on this tank...so thanks guys..(no pun intended)

Just for the record, I have a fairly new tank, the first time they did a + inspection it failed. The LDS suggested I send it back to the manufacturer, the maufacturer then checked it and cleared it - sent a letter back certifying that it was okay. Has not failed the plus since. Might be the original test equip was out of whack or operator error....still cost me shipping there and back.

Most likely operator error. The tank testing equiment is certified periodically with a test tank with known properties and the pressure gauges are sent in for calibration every 6 months.

Best guess is the hydrotester screwed up the math or alternatively, preferred not to mess with it in the first place and just said it failed the plus rating portion of the test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom