Recommendations on 3mm wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlbertM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking into buying a new 3mm wetsuit for a trip to Hawaii in April. Have three brands in mind, Aqualung Aquaflex, Henderson Thermaxx, and Waterproof W33 (last years 3.5mm). Looking for thoughts on quality mainly as all three are in the same price range, plus or minus $20. I will consider other brands if I can find them locally and try them on. Thanks for any input.

Perhaps you've been to Hawaii before and know your exposure protection. The water temp is not as warm as some think, especially after multiple dives per day. I dive in a 5 mm, ended up getting a little cold in my 3 mm with hooded vest. Maybe it's just that I have also grown old:)

I'm not sure about what I need. I dove with my 5mm in Key Largo in about 75 degree water and was fine. Thought in the water temp would be high 70's in Hawaii and a little thinner would be OK. My ScubaPro 5mm will take up an entire suitcase by its self! Most of our diving in the future will be the Florida Keys and Caribbean.

April water temps in Hawaii will be low to mid 70's. Annual range is about 72 to 78, with Feb being the coldest.

I've had my ScubaPro Definition 3mm for 3 years now and so far it's been mint in both fresh and salt water. Temps have ranged from 74 to 80 degrees F. Definitely try on multiple suits and different brands. I did and was amazed at how different each manufacturer felt for me. Good luck in your search for the ideal wetsuit for you.

Looking into buying a new 3mm wetsuit for a trip to Hawaii in April. Have three brands in mind, Aqualung Aquaflex, Henderson Thermaxx, and Waterproof W33 (last years 3.5mm). Looking for thoughts on quality mainly as all three are in the same price range, plus or minus $20. I will consider other brands if I can find them locally and try them on. Thanks for any input.

call Deep6 and ask Chris nicely if you can drive down and try their 3mm on. It's the best 3mm I've ever dove and at $150 it's worth the hour ish drive

If the water temps are that low, I guess I'll just take the 5mm. That will save me some money :).

I did look at the D6 suits, but I don't really need the pockets. I may do that anyway as I've been looking at their new DC for my daughter. It's too small for my old eyes.

I did look at the D6 suits, but I don't really need the pockets. I may do that anyway as I've been looking at their new DC for my daughter. It's too small for my old eyes.
Another vote here for the deep 6. I am beyond happy with mine. Especially at the current sale
Price. It’s possible to best. The pockets are actually a great feature. Didn’t thing I needed them but now extremely happy to have them

I think Aqua Lung makes some good products but I have not been impressed with my 3mm. It’s started to fall apart / fail pretty fast..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom