Indigo Industries Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

49COE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with Indigo Industries Fins? I am interested in the TAC or the Defiant but I can't seem to find much in the way of reviews. The manufacturer thinks that they are the best thing going, and I'd like to believe them, but before I plunk down my money I'd like to get some less biased opinions. Thanks - Jeremy

Those look familiar.
https://www.indigo-industries.com/products

@Sam Miller III , remind you of anything?
Sam, so they invaded our youtube Forcefin2020 site. I watched this guy explain how their fins works and it reminded me of Susanne and I talking Force fins for 40 years now. I noticed how they made this look alike and how they attached it all together...tried this maybe 30 years ago and found out the mounting failed after use. Ended up using another method to bring it all together...I am very excited since a Major shoe company is now going to help me make a new line...wait and see, we will leave them in our wake.

Attachments

• negra2-clean-resized.jpg
    negra2-clean-resized.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 155
They are local here and seem pretty popular. I haven’t tried any out but my favorite shop carries them so I might be able to demo a pair at some point.

I have seen them in person and they seemed pretty solid.
That said, I think someone here picked up a pair and didn’t care for them - I seem to remember the shop selling a lightly used pair?

They are local here and seem pretty popular. I haven’t tried any out but my favorite shop carries them so I might be able to demo a pair at some point.

I have seen them in person and they seemed pretty solid.
That said, I think someone here picked up a pair and didn’t care for them - I seem to remember the shop selling a lightly used pair?

I'm pretty sure we share a favorite shop :wink:

I just tried a pair out in the pool for 30 minutes, so here's a quick review.

edit: these were the tac fins

They're GREAT for power, despite being such a small fin, all your power is passed straight onto the fin, and there's no power lost by the fin flexing in the water. They also didn't feel too arduous to swim with, mind you I'm used to extra large OMS slipstreams and Hollis F1s so I might be biased there. They also felt very agile the water, being such a small fin I felt there wasn't as much drag/inertia when I wanted to change direction suddenly.

However they weren't so good for technical kicks, I couldn't easily do a helicopter turn, and I didn't even try to fin backwards (anyway it's not one of my strengths on a good day). So I'd hesitate to take them into an overhead environment, and they'd probably frustrate a photographer.

Long story short: I bought a pair and will be using them as a travel fin. I'll take them to Baja this weekend and will update if there's any change in my opinion.

Very possible - they only have a couple dealers in the state and only one in the same city they are based in.
We were in earlier checking out one of their BCDs and playing with a really cute dog.

I just tried a pair out in the pool for 30 minutes, so here's a quick review.

They're GREAT for power, despite being such a small fin, all your power is passed straight onto the fin, and there's no power lost by the fin flexing in the water. They also didn't feel too arduous to swim with, mind you I'm used to extra large OMS slipstreams and Hollis F1s so I might be biased there. They also felt very agile the water, being such a small fin I felt there wasn't as much drag/inertia when I wanted to change direction suddenly.

However they weren't so good for technical kicks, I couldn't easily do a helicopter turn, and I didn't even try to fin backwards (anyway it's not one of my strengths on a good day). So I'd hesitate to take them into an overhead environment, and they'd probably frustrate a photographer.

Long story short: I bought a pair and will be using them as a travel fin. I'll take them to Baja this weekend and will update if there's any change in my opinion.

How much for a pair?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom