I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Property tax was $1800 without the 25K Florida homesteader exemption. House is within Lake City, no residental community restrictions but I'm told that I cannot get permission to drill a well. The property is currently almost the highest property in Lake City and before it floods the rest of Florida will have to be underwater. House is an older property, built in 1979, with exterior stone/cedar walls. Inspection report lists no signs of fungus/wood rot and the roof although old, was not leaking. I had the roof redone anyway. The CO/Smoke fire alarm was ancient so I put a new one in. Minor plumbing issues that cost me almost $500 in order to have fixed. Had to pay it, since I'm 4000 miles away from my tools. My A/C guy tells me that he can still maintain the A/C and when the compressor is no longer reasonably repairable, he can replace it for $3000.

Michael
Off to a good start you are!

Welcome to my neighborhood!

Not a mini-van, but I'm selling my 2016 Ford T350 dive van. It's a beut, but it's a tad too much for me.

Got parking for at least 5 cars out in front of the house + driveway.

Which means you can fit at least another dozen cars, in various states of disrepair, in your yard too.

*Banjos playing in the background*

Great, all I know about "The Chairman" is that he lives at the south end of Columbia county between Jughole and Littleriver and has internet.
Wrong county! :D I live in the SE corner of Suwannee County. Columbia is too restrictive for me, which is odd since I come from Colombia in South America! :D :D :D

Welcome to my neighborhood!

Not a mini-van, but I'm selling my 2016 Ford T350 dive van. It's a beut, but it's a tad too much for me.

you may want to look at that @michael-fisch It's set up properly and is the tall version so you can stand up inside to change

you may want to look at that
I'm going to offer it to divers first. If no one wants it, then I'll strip the tank racks, tool boxes, custom charging system, and all the other storage and sell it plain.

Hi Pete, I'd love it, but as far as my diving goes, it would be serious overkill and being a 2016 way out of my price range. I've budgeted 10K for a dive-vehicle, which puts me in the 8+ year old white minivan class.

Michael

Which means you can fit at least another dozen cars, in various states of disrepair, in your yard too.

*Banjos playing in the background*

Thats what you do if you live in Gilchrist County, or anywhere near Mayo or Luraville. My neighbors would quickly learn to hate me if I did that, and the property is way too small to grab a rifle n dive light in order to put venison on the table when friends drop by unexpectedly after dusk:facepalm:. Putting the plates on the only pickup that starts in the morning and then driving to the gasstation in order to swap watermelons for gas isn't my style either.

Michael

I'm envious! I have about 10 months of grad school left before I don't need to be on campus anymore, and then the plan is to hie me to Gainesville and set up camp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom