Mask strap for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My mistake, I didn't make it out clearly on my small phone screen. Looks to be clear plastic tubing over a vertical piece of webbing on the back.

Now that I've typed this, what's the function of said tubing?

I believe the strap is one long continuous strip of webbing, and imagine the tube keeps a doubled up section together and possibly provides some comfort.

-Z

Rigid spacer to keep top and bottom from coming together.

I see no reason that you couldn't wear this for regular scuba if you are comfortable in it. I use neoprene mask straps for scuba and a split silicone strap on my free-diving mask (allows for preferred snorkel attachment on back of head). I supervise about 200 divers at work and would have no concerns about them using this strap.

YMMV,

Jackie

I meant. ‘If it ain’t broke for me’ ...that’s the reason I likely wouldn’t wear it.. I wear contacts and have personally never had them washed out.. *shrugs*

I wear contacts as well. Never had them washed out either. And I keep my eyes open when the mask is off underwater.
The only thing I do is wear daily contacts for diving so that I don't have to keep on wearing them for a month.
Personally I'm very satisfied of the UTD-neoprene strap and I wouldn't trade it for a standard strap or the the one from TS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom