SAC rate on SUBSURFACE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo.Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I'm using Sherwood Vision and Subsurface. I noticed there's a field for SAC which is currently empty. Would there be a way for auto-calculation of it?

I thought my computer should be able to calculate it and download it to the log, wouldn't that be the case?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm using Sherwood Vision and Subsurface. I noticed there's a field for SAC which is currently empty. Would there be a way for auto-calculation of it?

I thought my computer should be able to calculate it and download it to the log, wouldn't that be the case?

Thanks!
Does Subsurface know your starting and ending pressures?

If you enter in the tank information on the equipment tab (tank size, starting and ending pressures) it will calculate your average SAC rate for the dive and display it down with the dive listings

_R

Hello,

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!!!

It has my pressure readings.. I can't remember the cylinders I used in my last 13 dives but they were all rental so I'll just enter AL80? I primarily dive in Saudi with a trip to Egypt, would you know what they typically use?

Be advised that what Subsurface call SAC is called by most reputable sources RMV...residual minute volume. SAC is normally expressed in pressure/minute (psi or bar), whereas RMV is expressed in volume/minute (cuft or lt). You do not need to know your tank size to calculate SAC.

Maybe Subsurface should have a preference to choose the name for this quantity. Besides the possibility to choose tank vs cylinder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom