Keep hair out of mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check this out - I'm going to think about this one. It's a spandex hood. This would keep the hair out of my face and from getting under my mask seal. Hmmm...

Lycra Spandex Diving Hood

Thank you so much for mentioning us, Lizzi!! It's always so exciting to see recommendations for our product in the wild. :) We provide a free shipping discount (US only) to folks coming from Scuba Board, if anyone wants to try out the Bang Wrangler! Just use discount code IHEARTSCUBABOARD at checkout www.thisisklash.com

I use a buff AND a bang wrangler KLASH because the buff tends to slip back and let my bangs escape. When I'm diving in CA I use the bang wrangler under my hood for the same reason. Additionally its so thin that if it gets under my mask it doesn't cause a leak. I love the idea of that stretch comb...and happen to have one collecting dust.

I've seen the BangWrangler in action and have recommended it many times in the past.

I also have tried many possible solutions for hair in my mask and the BangWrangler is my favorite and works best for me. I just ordered two more a couple of weeks ago. Occasionally I lose one, and I like to carry a spare. Quite often, I loan them out for others to try! I usually dampen my hair to push the hair back before putting on the band. Just have to be careful to keep up with the band when I return to the boat and remove my mask.

I know a lot of folks like the headbands, but my hair is cut in layers and even if my bangs are kept back, they're long enough that the wisps of hair still end up in front of my face. Also, I think I have a pinhead! All of those headbands and scaps are never tight enough and just slide back. That's why I wear a spandex beanie. It's not as cool looking as the headbands but it gets the job done. Sometimes I think I'd like to bring back the old style swim caps with flowers sticking out all over them! Like this one!!! I don't have the guts to wear it, but it might be kind of fun! :wink:

You should wear that floral cap! Your dive buddy will be able to find you! They make all kinds of crazy caps. I have seen sharks, cats, minions, etc. The one thing that I do that helps is use the hand-held spray hose on the boat (if they have one) to spray all of my hair away from my face, and then put the headband on. Using my hands to push all of the wet hair back first really helps.

You should wear that floral cap! Your dive buddy will be able to find you! They make all kinds of crazy caps. I have seen sharks, cats, minions, etc. The one thing that I do that helps is use the hand-held spray hose on the boat (if they have one) to spray all of my hair away from my face, and then put the headband on. Using my hands to push all of the wet hair back first really helps.

I showed my husband (my buddy) the floral swim cap and he just said "OMG NO!"!!! I told him I'd be easier to find and he just shook his head!!!! LOL!! I bring a bottle of fresh water onto the boat and wet my hair and slick it back before I put on my beanie. I bring my own because I figure the boat doesn't want to see their supply of water being used for my hair rather than being consumed for hydration (I don't know if they care one way or another - just trying to be courteous).

Check this out - I'm going to think about this one. It's a spandex hood. This would keep the hair out of my face and from getting under my mask seal. Hmmm...

Lycra Spandex Diving Hood

I like the looks of that hood, especially the blue marbled one. I have something similar I use for hiking to keep my ears warm and it holds my hair out of the way without feeling restrictive.

I know a lot of folks like the headbands, but my hair is cut in layers and even if my bangs are kept back, they're long enough that the wisps of hair still end up in front of my face. Also, I think I have a pinhead! All of those headbands and scaps are never tight enough and just slide back. That's why I wear a spandex beanie. It's not as cool looking as the headbands but it gets the job done. Sometimes I think I'd like to bring back the old style swim caps with flowers sticking out all over them! Like this one!!! I don't have the guts to wear it, but it might be kind of fun! :wink:

I have a small head too. I tried The Scap and it came off. That flowered cap is only for the bold diver who feels comfortable in her fashion and accessory choices, i.e. NOT ME!

I pull my hair back in a low pony tail, braided, and wear a hood.

DW

Back
Top Bottom