What is your favorite of all time regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

003BEEC4-622B-4080-BB40-D41A528E1F1C.png
003BEEC4-622B-4080-BB40-D41A528E1F1C.png
Looking schematic for Scubapro c370. Can you help? Thanks.

My long time favorite would be the SP 156/Balanced Adjustable for second stage with a MK16 first stage. That is the setup that took me thru many years back in the days when I only had one or two sets of regulators.

My favorite Apeks DS + XTX 50, still I feel a strong nostalgia when thinking of my Poseidon Cyklon Metal : using it from right or left without having to change anything was very convenient.

After 20years plus of G250s SPs mostly on MK20s, I am now all about the TUSA RS-812s. Breathe better and half the cost or less.

The best for me is a MK10+156.
Strangely, I managed to own this set just a couple of months ago.
For the previous 45 years I and my wife were happy with our four MK5+109 (of course converted to BA as soon as the parts for the 156 were made available).

My money is on the Poseidon Odin (now Jetstream), though I have several other more recent models. The switch on the second stage, prevents any potential free flow, during rougher surf entries, which are all too common in my life (I prefer not to have a regulator in my mouth); and it breathes effortlessly.

The 2960 first stage is one serious piece of brass, with or without the yoke; built like a tank; still possesses a solid, stable IP, after three decades or more; and I've rebuilt it just about every year. It was used for everything from ice diving in the Northeast, with a vodka-filled cap, to the stickier parts of the world.

A close second would be the Cyklon 300, which still remains in constant use, on a bailout bottle . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 230
Strictly visually speaking I’m a sucker for carbon. Those SP carbon sets get me in the feels. The black tech are pretty too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom