Coronavirus affecting flights to Singapore or Hong Kong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Philippines ONLY quarantine their own national.
Anyone arriving from china, Hong Kong and Macau would NOT be allowed to stay. Actually all flights from these three places have been suspended until further notice.
Yes, this is right and the Philippines didn't-don't even allow their national to flight to these places...
hard times

"Because of the Corona Virus Outbreak, all flights between China and Bali will be suspended as per February, 5th 2020 at 00:00, for an undetermined time, until the next review from Indonesian Ministry of Transportation will be officially published. Only passenger holding a valid ticket are requested to go to the airport."

Can't find anything specifically about Indonesia as the whole country, but I'd be very careful with Hong Kong flights.
Source: Corona Virus Bali Indonesia

7 new confirmed case in Singapore.
Not sure if Indonesian will close its border to their fellow ASEAN member state!

Does somebody here really believes there are zero cases until now in Indonesia? Who would report themselves? I do not mean the government, but in a country with many cases of Tubercelosis and 76% of the men active smoking, having a soar throat and coughing is not really rare. The efforts to contain the infection as much as possible will have some positive effects on slowing down the spreading of the virus. And it will buy time to develop cures or/and vaccins. But it is hard to imagine it can be contained to only a few countries. This is only my impression at the moment. I estimate the chance that I am right at 33%. So, I do not expect Indonesia to close the border with Singapore and even think the other borders will open again within 3 weeks.

I was just texting with a good friend of mine in Jakarta. He said, verbatim "We don't have the technology to detect corona in Indonesia. So we don't know the truth". He was more concerned and complaining about the traffic....
Jakarta Traffic.JPG

I was just texting with a good friend of mine in Jakarta. He said, verbatim "We don't have the technology to detect corona in Indonesia. So we don't know the truth". He was more concerned and complaining about the traffic....
View attachment 567182
Not rocket science!!!
Hong Kong researchers create fastest coronavirus diagnostic test to date | 2020-02-07 | BioWorld

Just classify every case as flu and there won't be any travel warning on Indonesia! Life is cheap.

View attachment 567182

And I always thought denial was in Egypt :confused:

I booked a flight over Singapore to Indonesia last week. I am not afraid. The only problem is that the flights going to Asia are getting more and more expensive now. I hope prices drop as soon as flights go again to China.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom