Good Scuba shop in New York City or Northern Jersey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call Scuba NY in Yonkers (Central Ave.). They are very good and may be able to do this.
They have a shop in Brooklyn too.

What exactly do you need assembled? If it is just an assembly and not any servicing, all you need is a wrench and an allen key. Plenty of you tube videos.

Where are you in NYC?
Gotham Divers is good in LES.

What exactly do you need assembled? If it is just an assembly and not any servicing, all you need is a wrench and an allen key. Plenty of you tube videos.

It is basically, just putting it all together. See the photo. You think it is doable for a newbie? All parts are new or like new, I do not think I need service, no?

Attachments

• 20200212_171054.jpg
    20200212_171054.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 87
It is basically, just putting it all together. See the photo. You think it is doable for a newbie? All parts are new or like new, I do not think I need service, no?

You are in luck. Youtube my friend. You need a wrench and the proper size hex key. Just be mindful of keeping proper orientation--make sure the side you put the spg on will in back be on your left when everything is hooked up to the tank.

Hell, if I am using a LDS for airfills and maybe some more training, they would probably be ok assembling it for free. I an sure I might get a response about paying for time/expertise/experience, etc from dive shop supporters, but any charge more than a six pack is overbilling.

I think it falls to a case of: "If you have to ask the question, you are not the newbie to do it ..." Also, It needs to be tested for leaks, function, and intermediate pressure which means a filled tank and IP gauge.

Tells us where you are and someone will point you to a competent shop.

Blue Water Divers in Rochelle Park, NJ. Ten mins from GWB. Great store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom