Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup, it is an OC thing :)
?? Holes in the end make the fins OC (as opposed to CCR?) fins? Please explain....

One thing that I don’t think anyone has addressed is that the material compound can be slippery on wet docks and boat decks. Even taking a just couple of steps can be an issue.

I would like to hear is anyone else has encountered and addressed this potential issue.

ideally, the solution would be something like rubber cleats that would not come off, but would also not damage boat decking.

Been using these fins for shore diving with cold water and have had no issues with slipping, and just got a new set for warm water, used them for 5 days of boat diving in Honolulu and no slipping issues there either.

Hey @LandonL , any idea when we can expect the new fins (made in-house) to be available? Last I heard was hopefully sometime in May. Is that still viable? I'm still waiting on XL's in black.
Also interested in what other colors or options you might be offering since you will be making your own fins, now.

Thanks!

The polymer material or whatever it is called that makes them stiffer than rubber, offers less grip than softer rubber fins like jets, aquatecs, etc.

I have three pairs, one old black, one new black, and one new orange. I have slipped number of times using the new orange ones on wet wooden docks. I don’t normally walk into the water from the shore with my fins on, so I can’t comment on how that works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom