Hi from Boston!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phoque

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,
excited to join the community and looking forward to contributing to the forum!
I have been diving for a relatively long time (certified in 1995) but have a moderate level of experience due to having enjoyed the sport on and off over the years, but with a recent commitment to dedicating more time to diving (locally here in New England or on trips).
I got certified in Corsica (I'm from France originally), but my wife being from Honolulu, most of the diving I've done over the past few years has been in Hawaii (Oahu and Big Island) and also locally in Boston after recently resuming cold water diving following a long hiatus after my buddy moved away (recently purchased a drysuit to extend my season and commit to more frequent diving here).
Lastly, my username reads like a swear word here. Don't take offense, it is French for seal, hence the avatar picture!

Welcome! I figured you were either French, or in the Navy.

DW

Hi Phoque, Welcome to the board! I’m a neighbor to your south (Rhode Island).

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Glad you decided to join.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Sorry about the delayed response, as Valentine's day obligations (my wife would not enjoy if I read the forum during our date) and small children have kept me away from the computer :)

Welcome! I figured you were either French, or in the Navy.

DW

Oui, je suis Francais! Regarding the navy, not really. I was in the air force for my military service back in the day (although we're talking about the French army here, not a real military experience :) Still, one thing that was undeniably excellent and recognized was the food quality. Man, we ate well. Even the little combat packs they gave us for the field were so good!

Hi Phoque, Welcome to the board! I’m a neighbor to your south (Rhode Island).

Indeed, you are quite close. I have occasionally ventured down your way for a few dives (Fort Wetherill).

Welcome, I'm a little bit south of you in Massachusetts. I dive up here either RI or cape ann. Let me know if you want to stay dry in the ocean.

Welcome. I’m a bit north of you in NH but know of people diving on the North Shore of MA. I hope to get out with them some time this year. I believe they go from Gloucester.

Welcome. I’m a bit north of you in NH but know of people diving on the North Shore of MA. I hope to get out with them some time this year. I believe they go from Gloucester.

You are correct Gloucester and Rockport have several good shore diving sites.

Since I go through Boston to get there I do them on weekends and RI for weekday dives also depending on buddy location. I'm literally half why between the two so it comes down to traffic.

Welcome, I'm a little bit south of you in Massachusetts. I dive up here either RI or cape ann. Let me know if you want to stay dry in the ocean.

Yes, I want to stay dry in the ocean (as of recently since finally purchasing a dry suit, and so far have been diving it a couple of times over the past 2 weekends and have especially enjoyed the doffing the suit, straight to the car routine in your undergarments while staying warm!)
I usually dive out of Cape Ann as well.

Thanks! I also usually dive out of Cape Ann, from Gloucester, Rockport, or Manchester depending on the conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom