Apeks Tech Shorts Long Term Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How buoyant are they?
They are quite buoyant for a pair of shorts- This is my one nitpick with them and why I don't where them often.
They do stay in place quite well though due to the belt design. I actually tried to sink my brand new pair in a fresh water rinse tank just to see exactly what i was dealing with and it took 3 lbs of lead.

@David Novo i am a 34-35 waist and they fit great over compression shorts and they also fit great over 1piece sharkskin chillproof suit.

I am not a tech diver but do like the idea of having cargo pockets to carry a little additional emergency gear and to have some flexibility.

So I just went out and bought several pairs of board shorts with cargo pockets that have drainage grommets and velcro closure on the pockets.

Usually just wear them over a regular pair of swim trunks but have also put them over my 2.5 m shorty.

I was thinking more over 8/7 mm wetsuit :D

I'm 34" waist and they fit fine over a 7mm plus 5mm vest, probably would be fine with a farmer john combo too.

The belt is very adjustable, I could probably wear it with just a rashguard too

Are they sized already to wear over a wetsuit or should I buy one-size larger?

They're sized quite generously. I have the size M Apeks shorts, and they fit fine over a 7mm wetsuit. I typically wear size 36" pants.

Dove the XR shorts last week in Honolulu, overall, I like the material and fit
The fit on them is... interesting. I just returned the pair I bought because they were both way too big and way too small. The hip to crotch distance seemed super short relative to how large everything else on them was for the size. Never have I tried on a pair of short that made me feel more like I was both drowning in them and couldn't move.

Long story short, be sure to try them on before buying to make sure they fit you. I wished they fit me better, I liked them.

Back
Top Bottom