My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your shop banks 32%, all the more reason to use the standard mixes, since they're all(except for 30/30) made by topping off the requisite amount of He with 32%.

I have had people poo-poo Helitrox, telling me you don’t need helium until 160-170’. I laughed. I know my narc level at 130’ was bad. I can’t imagine what it would be at 150’.
I know what you mean.

The plan was for max depth at 45m. I decided to hang around 40m since it was really dark and cold that day, I could feel that I was narced and slower than usual so I preferred to hang around 40 for that dive.

The vis was so bad that the only thing we could see were the wall and the line. In this site they sank a boat which should have been only 5m under us but we couldn’t see it at all.

Max depth for the dive was 42m which is 138ft to be exact according to my computer.

Felt immediately clearer as we went into deco.

If your shop banks 32%, all the more reason to use the standard mixes, since they're all(except for 30/30) made by topping off the requisite amount of He with 32%.

Are YOU going to cough up the cash for the extra helium? It’s $3/cft. Let me know what email of yours I can use for the PayPal funds request.

What is the gradient factor on those dive plans?

Are YOU going to cough up the cash for the extra helium? It’s $3/cft. Let me know what email of yours I can use for the PayPal funds request.

You mean you don't want to start a go fund me page like every other person in the world does anytime they need money for something?

It’s in my handwritten notes. You want the info, you get to deal with my chicken scratch. :D

So your gradient factor is "Take two pills every four hours, and call me if the symptoms worsen?"

40/70 did your instructor set that for you? I had to switch from my anti-deep stop 60/80 to the Shearwater standard of 35/75 that my instructor was using.

So your gradient factor is "Take two pills every four hours, and call me if the symptoms worsen?"

40/70 did your instructor set that for you? I had to switch from my anti-deep stop 60/80 to the Shearwater standard of 35/75 that my instructor was using.

It was discussed. I’ve been using the medium setting on my Perdix for NDL dives, which is either 40/80 or 40/85

25/17 is what the MD best mix tool gives me. Standard gases aren’t banked by my shop other than 32% Nitrox. So doing a standard mix of 21/35 for shits and giggles is a waste of money when He is $3/cft and I don’t need an END that shallow.

Some use 80% here.
I would strongly advise you to back off the "best mix". People have toxed at that depth on similar mixes. Pushing ppO2 1.4 on the bottom saves you at most a couple minutes of deco. Check out this tox incident from July 14, 2007 in FL at a cave called "the crack". You will have to scroll down and find it by date.
Incident List - IUCRR

She toxed at minute 31 or 32 on 24/26 ascending from a 160ft dive. She died. (coincidentally she had planned on using 80% as well but didnt survive to use that). She was well within CNS limits, but there is some speculation that trimix exacerbates (or doesnt ameliorate O2 toxicity to the same extent N2 does). Pushing trimix ppO2s working/swimming on the bottom is bad news.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom