Why do my wrist seals leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brilig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wrist seals often let in a bit of water. They are tight and positioned well but my wrists are hairy. Do I need to shave my wrists? Looking for advice. Thanks

What type of seal? Neoprene or latex/silicon? Bottle or cone? If your wrists are particularly veiny, you’ll likely need bottle shaped seals.

The seals are bottle shaped latex. I like the tendon theory. That was also something I suspected. Maybe if I slide the seal a little farther up past the tendon area.

A friend of mine has the same issue, in his case it is the tendons that create a little "tunnel" when he flexes his fingers

I second the tendons; that was and is my experience with the latex seals. Noticeable but not especially a problem . . .

My wrist seals often let in a bit of water. They are tight and positioned well but my wrists are hairy. Do I need to shave my wrists? Looking for advice. Thanks

The flexing tendons others have mentioned are usually the problem, but I think hairy wrists could be as well. I’ve tried shaving mine, and I think it helped.

Solved by also using dry gloves.

Not too practical an addition to those with crushed neoprene suits . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom