Thoughts on Tres Pelicanos vs Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did any of you specifically request Aldora to pick you up as they pass going south and drop you off as they pass going north? If so, what was the specific response? If not, you can't really complain about it. They might even think they are doing you a favor.
I didn't think or know to ask, as I didn't know that was the protocol. I got on the boat at 7:30am at the pier and assumed we would be heading south to go diving and maybe pick some people up on the way. We started going north and I asked if we were going to dive some sites up north and the DM said, "no, we are just going to pick up some people up north and then head south for our diving." After our two dives, we went back to the villas to drop them off before returning back to the pier. I don't think I was "complaining", as much as just stating a fact and experience.

Did any of you specifically request Aldora to pick you up as they pass going south and drop you off as they pass going north? If so, what was the specific response? If not, you can't really complain about it. They might even think they are doing you a favor.
lol, yes I've asked. The reply was basically "this is how we do things". I was told if I was sick or had an emergency they could drop me off first. I don't thing faking an emergency every day is a viable long term solution.

Funny. It's pretty common in Cozumel for an op to provide some fruit and maybe a baked good during the SI. When I go to Florida to dive, I have zero expectations of this because it is not something the ops do there.
We dive with Jupiter Dive Center in Jupiter, FL and there's always snacks on the boat.

Super interesting thread especially for someone who is going to Coz for the first time next month...

Can someone google map the 3P pick up point for me? I was wondering if I needed to go to the dive shop every day or if there might be a more efficient pick-up point I could arrange with them.

One of the things I really didn't like about 3P was the surface interval unpredictability.

One day, we just stopped about 150 feet out from the shore for the SI and were told we'd be chilling here and eating snacks. Nobody asked me or my dive buddy if that was ok. Then one of the prolific posters here cranked up his portable speaker with some terrible music for geriatrics. I had to jump in the water and snorkel for 30 minutes to get away from the noise (and pee).

Another day, they pulled up at a long concrete dock where we were told we could buy snacks/drinks and use the "bathroom" up the stairs. Turns out there is no bathroom for #2 and signs warn you not to go into the jungle. Both me and my buddy told the DM we needed a real bathroom. He was visibly annoyed that he had to gather up the rest of the group and go somewhere else.

Never had those issues with Aldora.

WOW! What can I say about that? Umm...

First, as another stated, no good music has been produced for the past 30 years (and many would say the past 40 years).

Second, if you chose to live your life within 10-15 minutes of a flushing toilet you're gonna miss a lot along the way. I mean... Really? Who needs to take multiple craps all day long? Cut back on the Tequila/alcohol, don't try to set a world record for the most hot sauce one can douse his dinner with and perhaps the need for flushing toilets in close proximity all day long for #2's will diminish.

Third, keep feeding your chips to the wild life like every other touron so they get nice and used to human interaction and then one gets overly aggressive looking for that food from someone who doesn't want the animal around and swats at it and it bites him. Then it is captured and killed. Feeding wildlife is basically killing them in the long run.

Get a clue.

Super interesting thread especially for someone who is going to Coz for the first time next month...

Can someone google map the 3P pick up point for me? I was wondering if I needed to go to the dive shop every day or if there might be a more efficient pick-up point I could arrange with them.

Staying in town all 3P's divers are expected to make it to the shop at 7:40AM for the courtesy transport. Other divers staying south of town at resorts and such between town and the marina are commonly picked up along the way on Avenue Rafael E. Melgar (the waterfront road).

ATTACH=full]568834[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 67
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom