Thoughts on Tres Pelicanos vs Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! What can I say about that? Umm...

First, as another stated, no good music has been produced for the past 30 years (and many would say the past 40 years).
Yes, most old people with terrible taste in music say crap like that.

The rest of your rambling idiocy isn't worth a reply.

Fairly small amounts of time can get tedious when repetitive. From the time Aldora picks up at the pier downtown, is it 10 minutes to do the pickup at Aldora Villas and then another 10 minute back, or is it 5 minutes each way?

If having more time to chill at breakfast at Casa Mexicana is a big deal for some people, and a substantial number of Aldora customers stay there, it might be worth it to Aldora to examine the logistics of how they do this.

Since there's also the trip down south to the dive sites and back to think about. Some people like riding in a boat looking at the shore line; some get tired of it.

Richard.

We showed up promptly at 7:30am at the Aldora Pier. The boat then cruised up north to the Aldora Villas to pick up our dive companions for the morning. We then cruised back south and right past where we were picked up 25 minutes earlier and then to our dive sites down south.
I won’t say how I know but if one stays a little too long at Magda’s magnificent breakfast and shows up at the dock moments late...they will stop and pick you up on their way back south. :wink:

I have done business with Aldora, the service was excellent. Been diving with 3P for several years, 114 dives with 3P last year, need I say more, 40 dives so far this trip. One trip with Blue X, never again.

I have done business with Aldora, the service was excellent. Been diving with 3P for several years, 114 dives with 3P last year, need I say more, 40 dives so far this trip. One trip with Blue X, never again.

Why never again with Blue XT sea?

Is your knee replacement making that easier? :wink:
My knees are just fine, thank you. "Boomer" in that context, IMO, is a serious pejorative, and if it is thrown at me I will react accordingly.

Seriously @ggunn ?? - I expected better than this sarcastic response from you as a Cozumel regular and someone I have come to rely on in this forum. Read the entire thread, read the context of everything. Things are a bit more nuanced than 10 minutes.
The heart of the matter is indeed a 10 minute extension of a boat ride, and I do not know what "nuances" you are talking about. And yes, I read the entire thread.

Wow. Ten whole minutes? Way to ruin someone's whole vacation, Aldora. :D

Okay, that was funny. I understand the frustration with having 10 fewer minutes for breakfast—been there done that—but that was funny.

The thing for me with rushing breakfast is that I want to return to my room to, uh, brush my teeth, before heading to the pier. Ten minutes makes a difference.

Let's all go diving with our favorite operator :). I'm not going to try to convince you that mine is best, you're not going to convince me.

I don't feel this thread has been about convincing. I found the discussion useful. It cemented in my mind my belief that, given my personal requirements, if I dive with Aldora again then I need to stay at the Villa again, and if I can't stay there because it's booked up or my budget doesn't allow it, then I will probably dive with 3Ps. Three great dive ops. (I think Blue XTSea remains on my list, too, having dived with them once.)

Back
Top Bottom