Possible southern reef closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At a class last night that I didn’t quite understand everything, they mentioned closing Columbia and parts of Palancar in August and September- during spawning.

I've seen several coral spawns at Flower Gardens and it's an amazing sight but is one of the most important night or two all year for corals so I think that would be a wise move.

Last April while I was there the corals were spawning....

I was literally just about to book a trip in August so now that's out. I'm afraid to book a trip because they keep closing the southern reefs. I was there last Nov when the Southern reefs were closed and I am never doing that again.

We usually come down in March and August. I'm likely going to deep six that August trip if they close the southern reefs :(

i guess there is noone with the closure schedule?

i guess there is noone with the closure schedule?

That's perhaps the most frustrating part. They seem to not even know what they intend to do much less communicate it well.

Well...

Do they not know or are they not communicating? Considering it probably impacts dive tourism I suspect you will see this announced very last minute.

Well...

Do they not know or are they not communicating? Considering it probably impacts dive tourism I suspect you will see this announced very last minute.
I believe that they are figuring it out as they go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom