Mark your fins... how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ripley

Contributor
Reaction score
Initially I wanted to buy the grey camo or yellow Scubapro Jetfins but they were difficult to find and order by my usual dealer.
I just got home with a new pair of OMS Slipstream fins.
So, here I am with a pair of simple plain black fins...

How can I mark them in a durable way which, at the same time, makes it a bit easier on my buddy to recognize me underwater?
How did you mark your tech fins?
Paint? Scuba goop? another way?

The obvious answer is not to get all black. You probably do not want to paint them. If you do not worry about how they look, I think that a couple strips of high contrast duct tape should work. Probably on the bottom. Preferably neon yellow. Note that red does not show up well under low light conditios.

For quarry diving I wear a hat that is high contrast yellow and orange. Had a buddy with one. I can remember looking over in low viz and I could seeing nothing but the hat.

2 good ideas which I will give a try.
For now I marked them with scuba goop Gold (yeah... I know...)
I'll see how that went tomorrow morning when it's completely dry.
But I fear the result will not be satisfying.

Paint markers work well. Have a little fun with it! These are two pairs of fins I have decorated/worn.
0EDEE54D-7912-4AAF-BA1E-72E9B233B00D.jpeg
534656CE-F6E7-4729-B5C1-FD3CD034C84B.jpeg

Yellow duct tape. Easy to apply and remove, but stays put even after numerous dive trips. A nice long strip on the bottom of your fins makes you easily identifiable and you can write your name on it.

Yellow duct tape. Easy to apply and remove, but stays put even after numerous dive trips. A nice long strip on the bottom of your fins makes you easily identifiable and you can write your name on it.

That’s two in favor of the yellow duct tape...
Will undoubtedly be better than this:
A00A7A3D-BB35-476E-97B1-050F182128FF.jpeg

I put my initials on the bottom of mine with reflective vinyl. My wife says she has no problem keeping track of me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom