Teric Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll check back in 14 days. I keep my fingers, arms, and eyes crossed for good luck.

Cheers - M²
Why not just turn it off? It will still discharge over weeks/months, but much more slowly.

You've got a dud battery. After the above dives and stand-by time, it should be close to 90% remaining. Send it back.
I stand corrected. I'll contact SW about mine.

Thank you - M²

What's the best way to test for a dud without diving? Watch mode? Stand by? What kind of drain would indicate a dud battery (I don't have AI).

Thanks!

What's the best way to test for a dud without diving? Watch mode? Stand by? What kind of drain would indicate a dud battery (I don't have AI).

Thanks!
IF battery goes down more that 1-2% per day in off mode

IF battery goes down more that 1-2% per day in off mode
Thanks. Mine seems fine in off mode, but I have worn it a couple of times as a watch and was surprised at the battery drain so wanted to be sure.

Thanks. Mine seems fine in off mode, but I have worn it a couple of times as a watch and was surprised at the battery drain so wanted to be sure.
Dive should take 10-15% of battery or more like 2% per 10 mins.

12hour period in off mode ... lost 8% at present it's 92%

yes i don't overcharge.
That’s too much - should be no more than 4% drop per 24 hours max. Mine had started discharging quickly and Shearwater had me do a 48 hour battery drain test - mine went from 100%-82% in 48 hours.

They had me send it in DIVE-Tronix who had it back to me in about 1 week (over Christmas no less). In addition to the battery fix, they rebuilt it to current production standards - so, other than the watch body, buttons and strap, it’s pretty much a brand new unit. They also returned it in a new hard case (you send back without the case) with extra screen protectors. That is the awesome customer service that SW is known for!

I’m definitely a customer for life and an advocate for the brand based on my experience with them and their products!

The fix solved the issue as well - I just checked it after being stored for 2 months since I got it back (did not recharge it) and it’s still at 68%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom