Special on BP/Wing combos. #18 #23 or #35 lift.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mate I'm desperate to find the rubber tree the internal bungee comes from

#18 wing deflated, 13" W X 20" L X 3" tall.....Inflated 15" W x 22" X 5" tall

#23 wing deflated, 14" W X 20" L X 3" tall.....Inflated 16" W x 22" X 5" tall

#35 wing deflated, 14" W X 23.5" L X 3" tall.....Inflated 14" W x 24" X 5" tall

still in a quandry on which to get. 18 or 23

but why is the #35 narrower than the #23???

#23 seems to be the widest.

It's difficult to measure exactly inflated or deflated when there is an internal cord trying to keep the wing as small as possible.
Next time I have the opportunity I'll check again and make corrections.
If my minor miscalculation will cause you distress in your diving profile I apologise.

Thank you

It's difficult to measure exactly inflated or deflated when there is an internal cord trying to keep the wing as small as possible.
Next time I have the opportunity I'll check again and make corrections.
If my minor miscalculation will cause you distress in your diving profile I apologise.

Thank you
hahaha no worries. my freedom Plate is still on its way. its being shipped seafreight to the philippines. should be here by may or june. I still have time to decide on 18# or 23#

when i decide on one. ill have it shipped to a conus address then air freight to me.

leaning on the 23# but cudnt accept it as being the widest of em all lol

These are just numbers on paper as far as the dimensions go, with very little practical difference in the water. If in doubt go with the 23# .

still in a quandry on which to get. 18 or 23# wing

These are just numbers on paper as far as the dimensions go, with very little practical difference in the water. If in doubt go with the 23# .

Not meant as arbatrary or irrelevant numbers that I threw on paper.
The #18 and #23 are close in size. The #18 is the smallest and most streamlined. The #23 only slightly more so. The #35 is obviously larger but still very compact compared to any other wing on the market.

I completely get you.
at present i dive with an alum backplate. 30lb lift. i dont fully inflate above water as ill get tipped over. so its 18 or 23. im sure i can do the 18 but sometimes i have inexperienced divers around me and in. the surface so... 18 or 23 lol. anyway both are available right? not one is getting phased out?

still in a quandry on which to get. 18 or 23

I have the 35#. I use it for warm and cold water. If I only did warm water I would have went with the 23#. In a blind test I highly doubt you could tell the difference in the water between the 18# and 23#.

I haven't owned a ton of wings, but looking at a lot I've been very happy with my purchase of VDH.

I have the 35#. I use it for warm and cold water. If I only did warm water I would have went with the 23#. In a blind test I highly doubt you could tell the difference in the water between the 18# and 23#.

I haven't owned a ton of wings, but looking at a lot I've been very happy with my purchase of VDH.
you think its hard to tell an 18# and 23# bouyancy?

i will probably agree on physical looks. but the ability to float.

you think its hard to tell an 18# and 23# bouyancy?

i will probably agree on physical looks. but the ability to float.

Yes, I would think it would be almost impossible. 5# of lift is not a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom