Coz in Nov or Dec???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be warned they closed the marine park, which has the bulk of the best sites, last November.

I was there last Nov and did not enjoy it with the park closed. There are better places to visit when the park is closed.

And re-opened it December 15th.

Be warned they closed the marine park, which has the bulk of the best sites, last November.

I was there last Nov and did not enjoy it with the park closed. There are better places to visit when the park is closed.
No, they did not close the park, only the southernmost reefs. Some of my favorite diving is there but the whole park did not close.

Getting married(again) in December and instead of a bachelor party I'm looking at a small 2-5 person dive trip to Cozumel. Just a few guys and going on the cheap. Air bnb or cheap rooms, great dives, tacos and tequila... is this a good time of year to dive Cozumel? Only been once and that was in the Spring.
Early November is still low season so you can save a lot of money - Low Season - The perfect time to enjoy beautiful Cozumel - Stingray Villa

Last week of Oct. Thru Nov 15 are great! Summer heat and storms are done, humidity is lower and water still in 80's. Stay in town for best room rates and restaurants. Get a dive op that handles your gear so you don't have to. Several leave from downtown piers so no taxi needed.

GREAT posts from everyone, THANK YOU! Need to nail down the dates but yeah if anyone is in town or gonna be when I repost the dates come have a drink with us and or a dive. Likely to go with Aldora Divers due to the great experience I had with them before. plus those 120 steel tanks are nice to have. Still a new diver so Ill take the advantages of additional bottom time however they may come...

Could be one heck of a bachelor party if you give us the dates of your trip:cheers:. Congrats!

Looking like it will be probably November 5-12. Gonna celebrate the Marine Corps Bday and Veterans Day as well !!! Anyone in Coz that week feel free to link up. Looking at a guest house about 4 blocks from water on same street as Aldora

Looking like it will be probably November 5-12. Gonna celebrate the Marine Corps Bday and Veterans Day as well !!! Anyone in Coz that week feel free to link up. Looking at a guest house about 4 blocks from water on same street as Aldora
Recomend you take the Nitrox course to take full advantage of larger tanks. Can be done mostly online, no diving required. You will have to go to a dive shop for a discussion and demonstration of Nitrox setting on a computer. Very quick at dive shop. You can also just take it online just before you go and have Aldora do the discussion and demo. Really easy, quick class and you can really enjoy those big tanks.

Recomend you take the Nitrox course to take full advantage of larger tanks.

Agreed. Unless one consumes a high amount of air/gas when diving they'll probably run up against their NDL before running low on gas diving those steel 120's. I'd say Nitrox is pretty much mandatory to get the most out of those 120's but, then again, I believe you're adding another $20 for Nitrox on 2-tank dives to an already expensive dive op. That's then pushing $130 for a 2 tank dive in Mexico once taxes are included and that is getting way up there. We just returned from diving the big island in Hawaii and I thought $150 was a bit out of control for a 2-tank dive BUT everything in Hawaii costs a fortune except Taco Bell and at least they threw in free Nitrox for those who were certified.

Back
Top Bottom