My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw that Marie13 is going to dive with 21/25 mix and was verumy surprised that she will dibe with 25% helium as TDI Hekitrox limit was 20%. I even checke my TDI Helitrox card which allows me to use up to 20% helium..... then i checked official TDI site and it seems that now Helitrox cett allows to use up to 35% helium in a mix.

Can someone comment when TDI stabdards changed.... or maybe there is incorrwct number on my cert. :)

December. If you order a replacement card you'll get the new % on it.

Very nice! Amazing what some added flexibility will do for you.

Have you tried pulling on the shoulder straps to move the cylinders forward instead of going head down?

I don’t have to go head down much. Wiggling my butt gets the tanks to shift enough for me to grab the manifold. Valve drill for me takes two hands. One hand manipulating valves and the other on the manifold. It works for me.

One handed manipulation can be useful though if you are coming up a line, or need to hold position on a wreck or manually ref a line in low viz etc and have to shut down.

Dude, give me some time!o_O

Don't you know, you should have already mastered it before even taking the class.
And by mastering it i mean doing it upside down, no mask, no reg, while doing back kick in current.
:rofl3:

You took intro to tech before starting AN/DP/Helitrox, right?

So by default you should know how to properly, and consistently do a valve drill... unless you're saying you passed through ITT without mastering a skill..

So by default you should know how to properly, and consistently do a valve drill... unless you're saying you passed through ITT without mastering a skill..
Is it a requirement for these classes ?

There's mastering, then there is fluency. I have done courses where I met the requirements but only after some gear tweaks and experimenting got to a point where the skill was fluid and natural.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom