Dive Paradise or Tres Pelicanos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are lockers for Hotel Cozumel guests & from memory you need to look after your own gear if diving with Dive Paradise. Tres Pelicanos will look after your gear & have it set up & ready to go when you get to the boat each morning..

47139236972_33fc1eb0ee_o.jpg

Thank you all for the replies and advice. I think I will just go for the convenience that Dive Paradise offers. Prices seem to be the same as 3P's. Also, my dive buddy is a veteran diver so i feel like I will be in good hands without hiring a private master. I checked out the 7 day dive package that Dive paradise offers in conjunction with your stay at Hotel Cozumel and i think it's just too many dives for me this first time. It's a total of 15 dives!!! I think I will be happy with just 3 days of two tank mornings this first trip. There is just too much to see and do there to have every day taken by dives. Oh, and this is not my first visit to Coz. Will be my 7th visit. I am a snorkeling fanatic, and have finally followed through with my desire to dive. Boy, it was not fun doing my cert 2 weeks ago in Monterey with 10 feet of visibility and 55 degree water! This will be my first time staying at Hotel Cozumel though. I have read good things about this place and have found a package deal through Expedia, seven nights, flying out of my home city in Fresno, CA, 2 people all inclusive for $2300. I will be going there April 18th through 25th. My birthday that week!
Does the $2300 Expedia package include diving? If not, that seems pretty pricey. My wife and I just booked a trip through Orbitz in April for $1455 (flight and all inclusive package at hotel) at the same resort. We will be there April 15-21. We booked our diving separately through another we’ll known and popular operator with pick up at Hotel Cozumel pier....$315pp/5 days. Total package per person is $1017.

The package through Expedia does not include the dives. Like I said, flying from little old Fresno to the Riviera maya is quite pricey. About $650 roundtrip per person. Where are you flying out of? I tried multiple travel sites, Orbitz and Travelocity are actually owned by Expedia and their prices are the same.

The package through Expedia does not include the dives. Like I said, flying from little old Fresno to the Riviera maya is quite pricey. About $650 roundtrip per person. Where are you flying out of? I tried multiple travel sites, Orbitz and Travelocity are actually owned by Expedia and their prices are the same.
We are flying out of Sacramento.

have found a package deal through Expedia, seven nights, flying out of my home city in Fresno, CA, 2 people all inclusive for $2300.
We will be there April 15-21. We booked our diving separately through another we’ll known and popular operator with pick up at Hotel Cozumel pier....$315pp/5 days. Total package per person is $1017.
Well, that's a six night trip compared to his seven nights, but a nice quote on travel and diving both. $63 per two tank dive, including taxes & fees, really? I hope your unnamed Op is paying their employees full wages & benefits and is not one of those skimping to charge less.

Fares out of Fresno actually look cheaper than out of Sacramento at the moment, as those fluctuate a lot, as do hotel deals. I think you did okay with your shopping. The lowest fares I see on Matrix on any dates in April from Fresno to Coz when I limit my travel time to 12 hours each way look like $681 each, and the best I see at Hot Coz with just breakfasts is $678, so about $2,040 for plane & hotel with breakfast. You got AI for two for $37/night more, which ain't bad. You'll get tired of AI food faster than you will the diving, but I've eaten all meals there for a week before when I was too cheap to get private taxis both ways to town, and it was ok.

When you book packages, it's usually be there or else so I hope you got Trip insurance just in case. Crap does happen and you can lose the whole trip if you have to cancel for unexpected reasons.

I hope neither of y'all bought airport transfers in your packages as those are usually marked up severely and cost twice as much as paying for the same airport van and return taxi if you pay then & there.

Well, that's a six night trip compared to his seven nights, but a nice quote on travel and diving both. $63 per two tank dive, including taxes & fees, really? I hope your unnamed Op is paying their employees full wages & benefits and is not one of those skimping to charge less.

Fares out of Fresno actually look cheaper than out of Sacramento at the moment, as those fluctuate a lot, as do hotel deals. I think you did okay with your shopping. The lowest fares I see on Matrix on any dates in April from Fresno to Coz when I limit my travel time to 12 hours each way look like $681 each, and the best I see at Hot Coz with just breakfasts is $678, so about $2,040 for plane & hotel with breakfast. You got AI for two for $37/night more, which ain't bad. You'll get tired of AI food faster than you will the diving, but I've eaten all meals there for a week before when I was too cheap to get private taxis both ways to town, and it was ok.

When you book packages, it's usually be there or else so I hope you got Trip insurance just in case. Crap does happen and you can lose the whole trip if you have to cancel for unexpected reasons.

I hope neither of y'all bought airport transfers in your packages as those are usually marked up severely and cost twice as much as paying for the same airport van and return taxi if you pay then & there.

no skimping that I’m aware of. We will be diving with Dive With Martin. They have become one of our favorites.

We booked our diving separately through another we’ll known and popular operator with pick up at Hotel Cozumel pier....$315pp/5 days.

We will be diving with Dive With Martin. They have become one of our favorites.

wow that is a great price. will have to keep this in mind for our trip later this year. 315 for 10 dives including pick up at the hotel coz pier ? hard to imagine doing any better than that.

No worries about DWM, they are a great op and if you buy your dives in a 5 day package, the cheapest I have found. No cattle boats, great DM's, and one of the oldest ops on the island for a reason. I've considered them for a budget trip with a cheap hotel and flying cheap, just haven't had it all come together yet. We dive another op for several reasons, but I wouldn't hesitate to dive with DWM at all. We dove with them on our first trip after certification and they really took care of us. Walter was our DM and he really earned his money that day!

Safe travels,
Jay

After doing some basic math it’s the easy choice for us. Many trips with them and there service has been the best. We have dove with others and most likely will again. But back to the original question you would also be happy with dive paradise the onsite operation. I have always hated having to drive to dive while in Cozumel.

No worries about DWM, they are a great op and if you buy your dives in a 5 day package, the cheapest I have found. No cattle boats, great DM's, and one of the oldest ops on the island for a reason. I've considered them for a budget trip with a cheap hotel and flying cheap, just haven't had it all come together yet. We dive another op for several reasons, but I wouldn't hesitate to dive with DWM at all. We dove with them on our first trip after certification and they really took care of us. Walter was our DM and he really earned his money that day!

DWM is a great dive op. A friend of mine has been diving with them for 25+ years. They are very economically priced and free rental gear is a nice bonus if you need to rent gear. However, we prefer to stay in town and DWM leaves EARLY and making it to their northernmost pick-up point on time would involve missing breakfast at the Casa Mexicana and taking a taxi down and back. The cost of taxi's down and back and then the PITA factor that involves starts to change the economics of diving with them for those who stay in town. However, if one is staying at one of the southern AI's, DWM should certainly be on your list of dive ops to look into. They are a "Top 10" dive op on Coz.

Back
Top Bottom