D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How difficult is it to replace the sticker above the hex nut? I want to open a new one and check default height? I never bothered replacing mine.

Do you mean re it sticking back on? Super interested in "default" height.
Yes. Don’t want to remove without being able to replace. I have three new ones to play with. Store owner would not appreciate MIA stickers!

Yes. Don’t want to remove without being able to replace. I have three new ones to play with. Store owner would not appreciate MIA stickers!

Got it. Haven't yet attempted it myself but decal is still sticky, cane off rather easily so I think it'll go back on.

How difficult is it to replace the sticker above the hex nut? I want to open a new one and check default height? I never bothered replacing mine.
It will just stick back on, just find the edge that you can start lifting easily and work it off slowly. I think lever height is more critical to performance.

Where I stand with mine, lever about 1/2 of it diameter above case rim, adjuster about 1/2 way in, if I were to guess this should be about the best balance and will close to where the manual puts it, around 1mm over rim.

The lever is very easy to adjust, a bear to get to but easy once in. I don’t know why they bothered with the little lock pin because the purge lever locks the cover in place, this is not a reg for cavers.

I for one don’t get to worried about cracking effort, I adjust all of mine to where they start flow without conscious thought, to high of a cracking pressure will draw my attention to it, same with exhaust, I have a zone.

When I hooked mine you it had easy cracking but the flow wasn’t good, sort of like breathing through a straw, it now acts more like a well tuned S600.

I don’t worry to much about the pressure while adjusting since I’m only adjusting spring tension but I did most of the turning while breathing off of it, the design is completely different than in in-line conventional reg where you turn the orifice against the seat where lifting directly protects the sealing surface.

Well, after setting it earlier and it seemingly stable, hooked it up to a tank now, was gonna play with lever height a tad, and it now cracks at 2.5", I've done nothing since setting it this afternoon. I'm so confused. How does it change when it hasn't been touched? For some reason mine is just not holding tune. Going to take it to the pool Wednesday, although not sure what that's going to tell me.

Well, after setting it earlier and it seemingly stable, hooked it up to a tank now, was gonna play with lever height a tad, and it now cracks at 2.5", I've done nothing since setting it this afternoon. I'm so confused. How does it change when it hasn't been touched? For some reason mine is just not holding tune. Going to take it to the pool Wednesday, although not sure what that's going to tell me.
Don’t worry about cracking pressure, it will settle in I think after a few cycles, mine is under pressure since yesterday, cracking around 1”, stabile and good flow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom