Those stiff drysuit neck rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And those clips are so fiddly that DRIS doesn’t recommend that system.

And no clips!

My first drysuit had the Quick Neck (second generation) ring system. Definitely less stiff than the Neck Tite, but it still covered the same shoulder real estate. I’d have had a hard time doing valve drills in that one, as well.

My first drysuit had the Quick Neck (second generation) ring system. Definitely less stiff than the Neck Tite, but it still covered the same shoulder real estate. I’d have had a hard time doing valve drills in that one, as well.
This one that he posted, which I hadn’t heard of yet looks like the best of both worlds, I have second gen on both of my suits, the front zip I never notice but the back zip neoprene suit I feel it when I first put it on, after hitting the water is settled into place and I no longer feel it. This one Phil has posted looks like it may be the answer and with you new glued in seal you’ll have a year or two of info before needing to decide if it’s what you want.

This one that he posted, which I hadn’t heard of yet looks like the best of both worlds, I have second gen on both of my suits, the front zip I never notice but the back zip neoprene suit I feel it when I first put it on, after hitting the water is settled into place and I no longer feel it. This one Phil has posted looks like it may be the answer and with you new glued in seal you’ll have a year or two of info before needing to decide if it’s what you want.

Doesn’t matter how soft the neck ring is. They all cover most of my shoulders. I discussed this at length with my tech instructor who is also the shop’s sales manager.

Thanks for posting this as you know I'm going tec soon and saving for a nicer drysuit. I'm a guy but skinny with narrow shoulders. This information will influence my decision.

Thanks for posting this as you know I'm going tec soon and saving for a nicer drysuit. I'm a guy but skinny with narrow shoulders. This information will influence my decision.

Glad it was helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom