Fire on safari boat Suzana in Egypt (Red Sea Aggressor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor last week and they have a crew member whose designated job is Night Watchman. A good portion of each day he was below, sleeping. I don't understand why the RSA I, with 12 crew aboard, didn't do the same.

I was on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor last week and they have a crew member whose designated job is Night Watchman. A good portion of each day he was below, sleeping. I don't understand why the RSA I, with 12 crew aboard, didn't do the same.

Well, technically, we do not know that the RSA I did not do the same. We saw passengers state they did not see that watchman when they were up at night. Technically that does not mean there was none dedicated or there was not one somewhere on the boat. I doubt Agressor would come out saying "oops we did not have one". Anyway from what we know from the passengers, it seems that what we can conclude is that if there was a night watch crew he/she (and the fire alarms) failed raise the alarm, he/she failed to affect timely and effective evacuation for all passengers, and he/she failed to supress the fire while it was not gone too far for that.

I'm sorry if I missed this, has there been any disclosure regarding the suspected cause of the fire on the Red Sea Aggressor I? Have the remains of the RSA I been dived or recovered?

I'm sorry if I missed this, has there been any disclosure regarding the suspected cause of the fire on the Red Sea Aggressor I? Have the remains of the RSA I been dived or recovered?

I had been in touch with a few of the crew and they did not indicate the cause and it is probably bc there are still legal issues pending.

Just stumbled across this one again.
Is there any information in the meantime as to where the boat sank?
From the itinary, i would suspect somewhere at one of the Abu Dabab sites.

Umm el saiyel is the site.
Apparently they had a boat out for almost 3 weeks looking for the wreck allegedly including American divers sent from the US. Found nothing.

Let it be know that if my egyptair flight from Cairo to Toronto goes down, they just made me put 7 keldan lithium batteries in my checked luggage.

odd considering on the way out they insisted that they had to be in my handluggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom