Lost computer Santa Rosa Shallows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another reason I refuse to "cut the hose". Just upgraded to air-integrated Oceanic Pro Plus 3's on closeout for $475. Gopbroek - Shearwaters are nice but the day you look at your wrist and that DC is missing will be a bummer of a day. I'd want that thing secured to my wrist with a chain!

I've been wearing an air integrated Aladin since 96. It has a very good wrist strap & is easy to read while holding my camera. I doubt the lock for the strap would come loose in any normal diving conditions.

Another reason I refuse to "cut the hose". Just upgraded to air-integrated Oceanic Pro Plus 3's on closeout for $475. Gopbroek - Shearwaters are nice but the day you look at your wrist and that DC is missing will be a bummer of a day. I'd want that thing secured to my wrist with a chain!
Twin bungees

How many times have we seen divers with their AI wrist-mounted computers take them off to pull down their wetsuits after a dive and then place the computer on the tank valve by the straps/bungee? I see it just about every trip. I was also guilty of doing the same with my bungee strap Perdix until I saw one fall off the tank when our boat hit a swell and it scooted down the boat floor towards the stern.

How many times have we seen divers with their AI wrist-mounted computers take them off to pull down their wetsuits after a dive and then place the computer on the tank valve by the straps/bungee? I see it just about every trip. I was also guilty of doing the same with my bungee strap Perdix until I saw one fall off the tank when our boat hit a swell and it scooted down the boat floor towards the stern.
When my computer is not strapped to my wrist it is strapped to my ankle. And yes, I have forgotten to move it back. :D

Back
Top Bottom